43

DARYL WALKS TOWARDS the light green car as it halts to a stop

DARYL WALKS TOWARDS the light green car as it halts to a stop. "He's already in there. Sat down with Rick." Aria huffs, pushing open the door and stepping out. There's an eery feeling in the air and it's putting the trio on edge. "I don't see any cars." Hershel points out and Aria nods, the door closing beside her. Her hand stays still on the pistol in her holster as she glances around. "It don't feel right. Keep it runnin'."

The sound of a car approaching alerts the three and Aria pulls her pistol out, a vehicle barreling through the small junkyard. With her pistol pointed at the stopped car, her eyes stay trained on the unknown men stepping out of it. Andrea steps out of the passenger side and Aria slightly lowers the gun, her eyes darting over to her sister. "What the hell? Why's your boy already in there?" Daryl grumbles, his finger set on the trigger of his crossbow. Andrea looks at the group confused, her head tilting. "He's here?" Aria nods as she slides her gun back into her holster.

She bites down on her lip as her thigh begins to throb from the wound. She's pretty sure it's infected, the group hasn't had any good medical supplies to clean it out with so she's trying as hard as she can to deal with the pain. No one has been informed of the pain and she plans to keep it that way; she doesn't need anyone worrying about her when they have a problem on their hands.

Aria's eyes move over to the pen scribbling over the paper and she stares at it, curiously. The man is writing very quickly and he seems to be deep in thought. "Maybe I should go inside." Hershel suggests and Aria turns her head, the wind blowing her blonde hair back. "The governor thought it'd be best if he and Rick spoke privately." And the quiet man speaks. Scoffing, Aria shakes her head, her eyes rolling. She doesn't trust these people, she's even finding it hard to trust her own sister.

"Who the hell are you?" Daryl asks, his eyes narrowed as he looks over towards the man speaking. "Milton Mamet." Daryl chuckles, turning his head towards Hershel and Aria. "Great—he brought his butler." Smiling softly, Aria converts all her weight on her good leg, wincing as a stinging sensation shoots down her leg. "I'm his advisor." Milton correct, not looking up from the paper he's so interested in.

"What kind of advice?" Daryl asks, his head cocking to the side. Milton sighs, raising his head to meet the eyes of the trio. "Planning. Biters. Uh—you know, I'm sorry. I don't feel like I need to explain myself to the henchmen." Aria licks her lips, shaking her head. "What crawled up his ass and died?" Hershel sends the female a look and her cheeks turn red. The scolding look; the look adults give you when you did something wrong.

"You better watch your mouth—sunshine." And that's the guy she likes. She loves his remarks. they're the best. "Look, if you and I are gonna be out here pointing guns at each other all day, do me a favor—shut your mouth." And Aria officially hates these guys. Daryl walks up to the Mexican, things beginning to stir up. Pushing her way between the two, Aria gently pushes Daryl back, motioning for him to walk back towards Hershel. She doesn't need them two to start fighting, it isn't going to end well if they do.

"Yeah—listen to your bitch." Okay, that was uncalled for. Aria sends a glare up towards the Mexican, her tongue running across her peachy lips. Memories flash through her mind and she swallows harshly, turning on her heel. "Shut the hell up!" Daryl snaps, his body swinging around as he glares at him. Nobody insults his girl and gets away with it. Aria grabs his wrist, sending him a pleading look. She's never bitten back at a bully and she's not going to start now, her silence is what kills them the most because they want a reaction out of her.

Andrea walks out of the building, a frustrated look on her face. Shoving loose hairs out of her face, Aria leans back against the green car, her eyes closing as the sun shines down on her skin. Silently listening to the footsteps around her, thoughts begin piling up in her mind. Aria loves to choose silence because it frustrates the hell out of people. It frustrates them because they aren't getting the reaction they want. During high school, she would stay quiet but they would see the tears building up in her eyes and that's when they knew they got a reaction.
Sure, she would just love to scream 'fuck you' sometimes but she chooses not to. Bullies are literally just insecure people are love to take their frustrations out on people they find weak.
But victims, they're the strongest people in the world because even with all the shit they go through, they still smile and make sure others are fine.

"There's no reason not to use this time we have together to explore the issues ourselves." Aria opens her eyes, looking over towards Milton, her head tilting to the side. "Boss said to sit tight and shut up." The Mexican, who's name still hasn't came up, snaps. "Don't you mean the Governor." Daryl taunts, a small smirk appearing on his face.

"It's a good thing they're sitting down, especially after what happened. They're gonna work it out. Nobody wants another battle." a battle? Yeah—okay. Aria thinks to herself, mentally slapping Milton on the back of the head. "I wouldn't exactly call it a battle." Daryl huffs, standing up straighter as he stares over at the advisor. "I would call it a battle and I did. I recorded it." That's what he's been writing about, the battle. "Somebody's got to keep a record of what we've gone through. It'll be a part of our history."

"That makes sense." Hershel speaks up, the two wise people agreeing on something. "I've got dozens of interviews—" Milton is cut off by metal clanging and walker's snarling. Pulling her knife out, Aria walks towards the sound, Andrea quickly following behind. Daryl and the unknown guy stop and stare at them before looking at each other. "After you." Daryl utters and Aria scoffs, rolling her eyes. Squeezing past the two, she shoves a walker against the metal before shoving the blade through its skull.

As the Mexican guy smashes a walkers head in with a metal bat, he looks back at Daryl, a smirk on his face. Aria shakes her head at the guy's antics before walking away, deciding to leave the two to show off for each other. Andrea rushes up behind her sister, a small frown on her face.

"You haven't spoken to me." Andrea says, Aria lowering her eyes down to the ground beneath her. "We're on different sides of the fences now, Andrea. You want come with me and I won't come with you. There isn't nothing to speak about." Aria concludes before walking over to the green car and opening the door, her leg is beginning to pain her. Climbing onto the seat, she sighs lowly as she picks at her nails, boredom overcoming her.

"You alright?" Daryl asks, walking up to the zoned out female. Aria raises her head, nodding slowly. "Yeah." No. My leg feels like it's just about to fall off. Drumming her fingers against the dashboard, she meets Daryl's eyes and she sighs. "No. It hurts." She admits, not wanting to lie to the person she trusts most. Daryl nods, lowering his eyes down towards her jean covered thigh. "Infected?" Aria shrugs her shoulders, her lip in between her teeth.

"You'll be alright." Daryl utters and Aria chuckles, furrowing her eyebrows. "I hope so." She jokes, her eyes lightening up in delight. The metal clangs open behind her and she swivels her head, watching as the Governor saunters out. Sliding off the seat, Aria's feet hits the ground. Hershel hobbles over on his crutches and Aria gently grabs the crutches before grabbing his hand, helping him into the vehicle. Setting the crunches beside him, Aria gently closes the door, walking beside Daryl.

She meets Andrea's eyes and she sighs, shuffling over towards her. "Just—please be safe." Aria whispers, her eyes darting over towards the Governor. Andrea nods before pulling her Aria into a tight hug. "You too." They have their differences but they'd be devastated if anything happened to the other.