Chapter 6

It rounded around to lunch time and Lauren and I were chatting away outside were we sat yesterday, you could say it was our little hiding spot. I cut into my grilled chicken breast and handed Lauren a piece of it as she rambled on and on about Austin. I dipped my fork into some corn and brought it to my mouth chewing it. I smiled, "Well it looks like you have a crush." She blushed and twirled her spoon around in her soup. "How long have I been rambling about him" she asked sipping the soup from her spoon. I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. "Ever since lunch started and that was about twenty minutes ago." She almost choked on her soup. "Really, that long?" I nodded my head and she shook her head laughing.

            I bit a piece of chicken and slapped Lauren's hand away when she tried to steal a piece of it. I looked around making sure no one was around, all clear. "Anyways, you know the autograph signing we have later" I asked and she nodded. "Well guess who's coming to it." She thought for a while before amusement sparked in her eyes. "Is it that one boy who was really rude to you, the one who wanted you to move desks becauseit was 'his'." She put air quotes around the word his and I laughed nodding my head. She smiled and looked at me, "That will be funny." "I know" We laughed together while eating our food. "Maybe I should like kiss his cheek or something." Lauren nodded, "Or instead of giving him just an autograph and a picture we could give a fake phone number or something, I don't know there is a lot of stuff we could do."

I nodded and we sat there eating our food until the bell rang and we walked to class. It was the end of the school day, Lauren and I were walking to the black challenger Jeremy owned. As we approached the car I froze looking at Victoria and her little gang being all flirtatious with Jeremy and Renner. Lauren noticed too and I could tell she was just as ticked about it. "Come on." I growled and we walked over there. I shoved past Victoria and her gang, tossing my school books in the car along with Lauren's. Victoria scowled and looked at me with such disgust I almost felt it. "What are you doing here you disgusting pig?" She sneered at me applying the twentieth layer of lip gloss to her lips. "These are my friends so the real question is why are you here?" I said calmly, pulling my phone out and texting my manager we would be there soon.

"You wouldn't be caught dead with these boys, I'm sure they despise you as much as everyone else." I put my phone away letting Lauren take over for a while, "Ooo look you finally used a big word, who knew your tiny brain could even process it." Victoria squinted her beady eyes at Lauren and I laughed. "You know I heard that when the two of you were born the doctors slapped your mom's for committing a horrific crime." I laughed, "Yeah and when you were born the doctor said you were..." she cut me off saying the word treasure. " Yeah a treasure that your mom wanted to bury" I finished and smiled as she gasped and stomped away to the captain of the football team.

Jeremy and Renner burst out laughing, "Man she was definitely not my type." Renner exclaimed as we all slipped in the car. "Please she is so your type" Jeremy claimed and I laughed when Renner shot him a dirty look. "Hurry up and drive Losers we got thirty minutes to get there and be ready" Lauren snapped at the now arguing boys. "Diva." They both muttered as Jeremy pulled out of the parking lot. We arrived at the beach and the makeup artists ushered us into the changing rooms and handed us the swim wear we were supposed to wear. I changed and rubbed coconut sunscreen on my body before sliding into a pair of jean shorts that hugged my hips and were left unzipped at the top to show of the bathing suit bottoms. I sat next to Lauren who wore a similar outfit to mine as Lora my makeup and hairstylist put my hair in beautiful beach waves. "Hey Lora we have a boy from the high school coming for an autograph, he's the one I told you about." Lora smirked and nodded telling Lucy her sister to amp of the eye makeup and lip gloss.

After it was all said and done she had done my makeup beautifully it really made me feel like an angel. She slid on some gold bangles and wristbands on each arm and placed dangling earrings in each ear. They were sparkly in the sun and would sure catch a few eyes. Lauren and I were now done and stepped out into the hot sand of the beach. I yelped and rushed back in the tent retrieving my gladiator sandals. Lora shook her head at me, she had told me to put them on a few minutes ago. I laughed with her and went back outside to see a crowd of people waiting for autographs and pictures. I sat down at the table and we started the signing.

It was at the end of the signing and I was anxious Rockhead and his friend hadn't shown up. I took a few last pictures and Lauren and I went back to the tent for some water. "I don't know maybe he got caught up." She mumbled sipping the cold water. "Oh well I guess you don't get to see your crush after all" she rushed out and quickly ran behind her chair at the look I gave her. "I do not like him." She laughed "Oh sure you don't" I laughed to and gripped my water bottle full of icy freezing cold water. I squirt some of the water on her and she yelped, I took off from the tent on the beach with her chasing me. "Chloe Sparks Come back here right now!" Lauren yelled and I screamed feeling cold water splash on my back.

I grabbed a handful of sand and chucked it at her stomach, it stuck to the wet spots from my first water bottle attack. I slid in the sand and fell on my stomach. "Well this sucks" I muttered pushing pieces of sand off my face. I looked up expecting Lauren to be standing there but instead she was at the signing table talking to two boys. I stood up and walked over and smiled when I saw it was the two boys from school.