Chapter 5

We arrived at school the next day in our covers once again. Lauren and I walked through the school doors and were walking through the hallways when Victoria weaseled her way right in front of me. Her elbow shoved the Starbucks cup in my hand and the lid popped off as it tipped out of my grip landing all over my tank top. I gasped as I felt the hot liquid spill all over my shirt and the cup hit the ground in between us. "Oops" She snickered and her and her friends laughed. Before I could create a comeback or insult I noticed Lauren twitch. "Hey Victoria" she said really cheesy. "What." Victoria glared at us and flicked her French manicured finger in either irritation or confusion. Next thing I know Lauren thrust her coffee cup forward causing the hot liquid to fly out of the cup and burn into Victoria's shirt and mini-skirt.

            I gasped as she screamed most the coffee hit her skin that wasn't properly covered by her tight white shirt. I snickered as she flicked her stained her off her shoulder and fixed the sunglasses on her head so they wouldn't fall off. "Oops" Lauren mocked and pulled us through the crowd that had formed around us. In the distance I could hear her shrill voice ranting off to her friends. Lauren and I laughed and high fived each other. Once we reached our lockers I frowned at my now ruined shirt. I put my combination in the locker and opened it to pull out a clean shirt that thankfully I had stored for 'accidents' just like these. I slipped into the restroom nearby for a quick second to change my shirt when I noticed a couple making out in the restroom. I felt nauseous watching them all over each other at around 8:15 in the morning. "Get a stall." I muttered and walked in one to change my shirt.

            After that was all said and done I walked out to see Lauren talking to the one boy who tried to talk to her yesterday. She laughed at something he said and I smiled, they looked so cute. I walked over "Lauren how come you haven't introduced me yet." She smiled and held her hand out pointing to me, "Maddie this is Austin." "Austin this is Maddie." I smiled and shook his hand. "Well I better get going, got to get to Miss Millsaps class." I waved bye and hurried into my first class. "Hello Miss Millsaps" I exclaimed and sat down my books at my desk. "Hello Maddie dear." She smiled at me. Today she was wearing a sky blue skirt with a long sleeve shirt that had multiple blue frogs; she also had a little ring with pretty frog on it.

            I sat in my desk and checked my phone for any texts from management or Lauren and somehow got lost in a game of 'Flip the Burger.' I was busy flipping the burger when I felt an evil presence enter the room. I glanced up and mentally groaned when that one boy walked in. I swear he looks nice on the outside when it comes to school you could probably get better tutoring from a bag of rocks. Speaking of rocks I may need some to throw at him. He didn't even bother looking at me he just sat in the seat in front of me next to his friend. Ha! I won the desk. "Dude I heard she's signing autographs downtown today along with the other one." I quit playing the game and listened in on their conversation. Lauren and I were doing an autograph signing later at Sunrise Mall. "We'll be there." The bag of rocks spoke calmly, his voice smooth like chocolate.

            'Interesting' I thought and smiled to myself, this will be fun. The bell rung and class started. I hadn't even noticed all the other students in the room until Miss Millsaps started calling role. I wrote down the bell work but couldn't really focus on it. All I could think about was how fun later today will be.