Chapter 29: A SPIN ON ETERNITY

Start from the beginning

"True. Very true."

"You didn't have to agree so whole heartedly...!" He laughed as he got up and rinsed our dishes in a bucket of water.

"That's alright, you looked absolutely gorgeous on the dance floor, and that's half the battle!"

"I won't even begin to tell you what YOU looked like on the dance floor..." he whistled in amazement. "I can't wait to go dancing again! Under better circumstances, of course...Hey..." he looked at me cautiously, "You up for a swim?" He was done cleaning up.

"In THAT water??"

"C'mon, a little adventure! Live dangerously!" He challenged me with a devilish smile.

"Freeze dangerously!" I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him like he was crazy.

"I might be willing to help keep you warm..." he smiled lovingly and hugged me. "If you aren't up to it it's alright. Would you be ok with you if I jump in, though?"

"Maybe you should bring a bag for the body parts that freeze and fall off...!"

He laughed and grabbed a folding chair and some towels. "Keep me company?"

"Sure."

So I made myself comfortable at the edge of the lapping water, and watched the sunset color the sky. I was mostly appreciating the beauty of its reflection on the water, and then I let my eyes rest on Mark, having placed his clothes in a nicely folded pile on a rock. As he was boldly moving into the water with grace, I watched him contentedly. I found myself trying to ignore how much I noticed the way his muscles moved with him, and the way the shape of his shoulders as they tapered down to his hips sent a little shiver down my spine. He turned to me as he waded in water to his shoulders and smiled.

"How is it?" I asked already figuring I knew the answer.

"Let's just say it's not a hot bath!"

"You're nuts!"

"I thought you preferred nuts! I'd enjoy this more if you would be a nut with me!"

I shook my head in disbelief that I could even consider going into freezing cold water, but in spite of my better judgment, I began to remove my shoes.

"I'm just feeling the water; don't get your hopes up!"

He walked closer, up to his waist. The water glistened off of him and he was indeed a sight to behold. He was impossible to resist. I laughed at my weakness for this beautiful man. "You're doing that on purpose!"

"What?"

"Making it harder for me to resist you, by bein' all shiny and everything..."