I will not be afraid

Start from the beginning

"Nanay naman eh. Bitin magkwento." Tadie said.

"Hala, lakad na. Malelate ka sa tutorial classes mo. I promise to finish the story later anak." I said smiling.

"Promise nanay?" She beamed at me.

"Promise baby. Now off you go." I said as I placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Sige po nanay. See you later." She said as she hugged and kissed me.

She kisses and hugs her mom. Before running off our room. My daughter Tadhana or Tadie as we call her, loved hearing about our love story. Of how her mother and I came to be. This must have been the 6th time this year I have told her of our story and each time I told her, she would listen eagerly as if it was the first time. I watched as my wife, returns to what she was reading. At age 45 you wouldn't believe that she is at that age. She still has the beauty of a Miss Universe coupled with her lovely smile and her wit.

I kissed her shoulder and sat adjacent to her. Ipinatong ko ang baba ko sa balikat nya habang nagbabasa lamang ito.

"Mahal ko, maraming salamat at nabuhay ka at tinupad mo ang mga pangarap natin." I whispered softly in her ear.

She puts down her pile of papers on the bed side table.

"Love, I never break promises. Alam mo naman yan." She said smiling at me.

I hugged her from the side as we sat next to each other. Silence filled our room. Our memories and all of the experiences we have had over the years are coming back to me. Not as a haunting but as a reminder of the power of love. We never had it easy but because we were in love we went through everything gracefully. We aged beautifully and stronger.

"Mahal ko, ikaw talaga ang the best na nangyari sa akin. Di ko alam anong ginawa ko para madeserve ka." I said to her.

"Love, wala naman yan sa gawa, nasa puso yan. Nagkataon lang na sinuwerte tayo." She said laughing.

Whatever it is, she was right. Sinuwerte lang kami pareho. Sino ba naman ang mag-aakala na sa dinami-dami ng tao sa mundo ako pa ang pipiliin nyang makasama at mahalin? Medyo madami man kaming pinagdaanan, hindi ko nanaising mabago ang nakaraan.

I will always choose her to love and to hold, to dedicate all of me. Hindi ang pamahalaan o kahit sino pa ang makakapigil sa amin ni Denise.

A/N:

This short chapter is dedicated to rastroheart, Belated happy birthday boss. Bagamat huli, nais kong idedicate pa din ang buong kwentong ito sa iyo. You inspired me to write this. You have been very patient with all of my rants and raves.

Sa mga readers ko dyan, wag ninyong hahayaan na ibaba ng mga mambabatas natin ang final na hatol nila sa pagbaba ng age of criminal responsibility to age 9. Wag tayong papayag na ang mga bata ay parurusahan ng gobyerno. Speak up and let our voices be heard.

I beg you.

Isulong natin ang karpaatang pantao ng kahit sinong mga bata. Ito ang dapat nating gawin, hindi yung magbaba tayo ng batas na ganyan. 😭😭😭

Spread light and love!

-Sky