Waited for the sun to come up

We waited for the sun to come up, we talked about who we are and what we aspired to be.

It was an eventful evening, we finished our coffees an hour ago, but we still sat at the gutter, cigarettes lit Marlboro Red for you and Marlboro Blue for me. I watched as the nearby lamp post illuminates your eyes. Those black orbs that always told me there are things I still needed to know about her. She speaks softly.

"Maling, in the future, what are you going to be?" You asked me as we watched the sky, change from light grey to orange as the majestic sun prepared to rise.

"Simple lang ang gusto ko, Denise. Sa future ko, andun ka at ang mga anak natin. I could be a full time music teacher or a musician perhaps. You are a senator or maybe even senate president." I said not looking at you. 

"Wow, ang ganda naman ng pangarap mo para sa akin." You said smiling.

"Eh ikaw ba? Anong pangarap mo sa future mo?"

"Maging magaling na human rights lawyer. Tapos kasama ka at ang mga supling natin. Kung papalarin." You said dreamily.

"Something in common." I smiled at you.

"Or maybe have my own cafe. Partners tayo." You smiled.

"We'll do whatever it takes for your dreams to happen. I will support you through it." I concluded.

Mahal ko, if you only knew or if there were only words to describe the way you make me feel, I would've gone ahead and described it to you. That moment, our first date at the gutter was my favorite memory of us. We have gone through a lot, you and I. We fought a reprobate dictator, fought for our rights to live and bring up our kids.

"Maling, salamat for your support. I don't know what my future holds, pero hindi ako natatakot dahil alam ko andyan ka lang para suportahan ako." You smiled at me.

"Mahal ko, hindi mo naman kailangang magpasalamat, sapat na sa akin yung malamang mahal mo din ako." I said smiling at you.

"Look at the sun, Maling. I couldn't recall the last time I've seen it rising. Maraming salamat sa time mo." You said shyly as you put your head against my shoulder as we watched the sunrise.

I know I haven't told you, but I should be the one thanking you for your time, dahil sino ba naman ako para abalahin ka pa para lang ikwento sayo ang mga kathang isip ko. You made my dreams your own, that's why I am making your dreams my own. Sa unang beses sa buong buhay ko, may kasama na akong mangarap. Hindi tatawa o huhusgahan ang mga bagay na pangarap kong makamit. I love you for being a supportive wife and a better half to me.

It was 5am when we decided to walk back to the stage, cleaned up a bit. You were with Darcy and Eileen. They were happy to have you back as you guys picked up pieces of trash. You look lovely even as you picked up trash in the streets. 

"Maling?! Hoy!" Batchi has been calling me for a good minute apparently.

"Uy, tol. Bakit?" I asked her with out really taking my eyes off of you.

"Sabi ko, salamat sa line up natin kanina. Galing nila tol." Batchi was trying to tease me. 

"Wala yun Batch." I informed her.