September 22

This story is based on an imagine from imaginexhobbit: Imagine Fili confessing his love for you in his sleep.

'Why did I ever listen to you?' You were annoyed. And not a bit annoyed, oh no sir, you were on the verge of being irritated. This afternoon you had ran into Fili and Kili, both of them on their way to a 'special meeting'. They had asked you to join but they refused to tell you where they were going. You would find out, they had said. You were curious and you couldn't stop your feet from following them to their destination. The night had begun when you entered The Shire, the doors were closed and behind the windows you could see many burning candles.

'Look out for a mark on a door' Fili said. 'What kind of mark?' The brothers shrugged and continued on their way. 'He didn't tell us, he just said that he left a mark on the door, that way we could find the right house.' They looked on every door but there was none with a mark on it. 'Who is he? And what kind of meeting are we going to?' you asked but the brothers didn't answer. After almost an hour of walking around you saw a green, round door with a peculiar mark on it. 'Is that the mark?' you asked. The brothers turned around to look in the direction you pointed at.

A huge smile spread on both of their faces and Kili patted your back. 'Good job (y/n).' He walked up to the house but you couldn't stop but noticing that Fili shot a dark look to his brother. Strange. But the two of you followed soon after and stood beside him, and just in time because a curly haired hobbit opened the door. 'Fili...' '...and Kili' 'At your service!' the brothers said and bowed for the hobbit. You just smiled at him and noticed that the hobbit was slightly stressed out over something. 'You must be mister Boggins?' Kili asked.

'No, you can't come in you've come to the wrong house' and with that the hobbit tried to close the door. Fili and you exchanged looks while Kili pushed the door back open before it was shut closed. 'What? Has it been cancelled?' Kili asked surprised. 'No one told us' Fili joined in. 'Cancelled? No, nothing's been cancelled' the hobbit said confused. You could feel that there was something weird going on. You sensed that Gandalf had something to do with this. Kili and Fili walked in and you followed them.

It soon became clear why the hobbit had acted that way. You know sat at a small table, in the company of one chuckling wizard, twelve cheering dwarfs, one brooding dwarf and a really annoyed hobbit. Thorin didn't know his sister-sons would bring you to this meeting and there had been a heated argument before the King under the Mountain had 'decided' that it was best if you would join on their quest. You didn't know what quest they were talking about but when they mentioned a dragon you felt like slapping Fili and Kili on the back of their heads.

So here you were. The hobbit had fainted a while ago and the dwarfs had sang in the living room and everyone had found a way to sleep. Fili had fallen asleep on a chair next to you, while Kili sat down in front of you and smoked his pipe. 'Why wouldn't you listen to me? I always have such great ideas' Kili smirked. You rolled your eyes and rested your head on the chair. 'You're going to get me killed one day. And that day will probably be very soon with a fire breathing dragon waiting for us at the end' you complained.

'Oh, cheer up, you will probably die instantly when you get burned. You won't feel a thing' he said. You grabbed a pillow from the chair and threw it at his head. Kili dodged it in time and laughed. 'You need to learn to aim lass.' You chuckled, indeed you did. 'Mmmmhh' Kili looked up at his brother who was drooling in his sleep. 'Was that Fili?' you asked surprised. Kili nodded. 'Maybe we should be more quiet then. We all need our sleep.' Kili continued to look at his brother and shook his head. 'No, he talks in his sleep more often, it can be quite funny actually.'

'Mmmmh... (y/n)....' Fili muttered. Now you looked up at him as well. What did he just say? 'Wha....' you started but you were silenced when Kili closed his hand around your mouth. 'Ssshhh, maybe he'll say it again' he whispered in your ear. The two of you waited for him to speak again, and just when you thought he wouldn't talk again he murmured something else. '(Y/N).... I....I l.....' Kili held one of his hands around your mouth while gently laying a hand on his brothers knee. 'What is it Fili? You can tell me anything' he whispered.

'I.... love.... (y/n)' Fili muttered and turned around in his sleep. You felt your cheeks heat up and your mouth would have dropped if Kili's hand wasn't still covering it. You got up and walked out of the room. In the kitchen you tried to collect your breath, did he just say what you thought he just said?