F O U R T E E N 🌸

Start from the beginning

"Come on. I'm ready." I said to him.

"All yo' skin outside. Where that thang at?" He asked, squeezing my shoulders as he walked behind me on the way to the car.

"It's too hottt." I whined and shook him off, "Can you tell me where we're going?"

"You hungry?" He asked me, opening the door for me to get into the car. I spun around and stared at him blankly. "What happened? You'll see when we get there ma. Now are you hungry?"

"No." I mumbled stubbornly, entering the car.

I didn't even try to hide my happy dance as I swallowed the last bite of my second bacon and egg deli from subway.

"I thought you wasn't hungry." Jordan pointed out, looking at me and the road simultaneously as we headed down the freeway.

"Akekeke." I mocked, sipping from my orange Minute Maid. We laughed and listened to music and made small talk with each other as he drove. We didn't really drive for that long before we came to a stop.

It seemed to be a school campus, and I immediately knew what it was. My smile dropped and I turned to look at Jordan who had the widest smile on his face.

"I called the school yesterday for you ma, and you have a tour today at 9AM, don't be late." He announced, unlocking the door and gesturing for me to get out.

I have him another blank stare and fired a punch at his arm. "I hate you so much."

"Come on mami don't do that." He sighed, reaching out to hug me. I shoved him away as he continued laughing, I didn't find this funny.

"Stop. Get off me."

"Deadass Delilah you got like fifteen minutes to get in there."

"Nobody told your nosy ass I wanted to be here!"

"Nobody don't gotta tell me shit. I want the best for you ma, you too smart and got too much going for yourself to not fucking want this." He argued with me. "You either goin' in there or you gon walk ya ass home, either way I already called the university and enlisted ya ass."

"You out of fucking pocket for doing that. That's not what I wanted." I yelled.

"It don't fucking matter what you wanted girl. It's what's best for you and yo future."

I scoffed and opened the door, slamming it shut behind me and heading into the school, defeated.

I took my final lap around the campus with the group that I met there, still looking around in awe is if I hadn't seen all this the five times I walked around before.

I have a lot of pride, and while I may never thank Jordan for forcing me to come in here, I must admit that I'm absolutely in love with this school.

I love it.

Based on the courses they offer, based on the facilities they have, and how friendly everyone is so far.

Out of the group of people that went on the tour, I only really communicated with three people. Two females by the names of Zara and Kayla as well as a dude named Korey.

"Girl don't forget to link me when you get a phone," Zara said, tapping my shoulder a couple times excitedly. I laughed and nodded as we stepped out of the lobby.

"I will girl, don't worry." I promised.

"Y'all cool peoples, we can chill for sure." Kayla added. "My ride already here so I'll see y'all when I see y'all."

"Mine too sis. Later."

They both departed, leaving just Korey and I. We stepped onto the curb and he started speaking "So wassup with you? You need a ride home?"

"Nah it's cool. I already borrowed Kayla's phone to call my transport."

"'Das yo man?" He asked me, staring down at me.

"Something like that yeah." I mumbled, honestly not knowing what to call Jordan at this point.

"That sound complicated as shit but aight shorty." He laughed and I rolled my eyes playfully. "But you should call me sometime. We can chill, you cool."

"I don't mind, but my dawg might." I said playfully but seriously at the same time.

"Girl I don't care bout yo man."

I chuckled and ignored him as Jordan's vehicle pulled up in front of Korey and I. "I'll catch you later." I said to him and hopped into the all black Range Rover.

"Who that nigga?" He asked me, not being very discreet about his mugging Korey.

"Nobody." I answered flatly, still angry at him.

Jordan turned to look at me, "Delilah, you gon get knocked the fuck out playing with me."

"Stop." I chuckled, "He's a student too."

"You made friends already? He know you got a man?"

"I didn't even know." I mumbled and he gave me a death glare. "I'm joking."

"How was it?" He asked me and I turned to look at him.

"I like it." I said honestly. He immediately started cheesing and reached over to place a kiss on my cheeks.

"I know man. Lemme take you home now, I got a couple more things to show you."

"What could you possibly have to show me at your house Jordan?" I asked him, unblocking my seatbelt and exiting the car.

"How long was the drive from campus to here?" He asked me as he unlocked the front door.

"'Bout fifteen minutes, why?"

"Cuz that's how far you'll be from campus once you start staying here."

"Staying here I- Jordan..."

"Chill mama, you can stay in the guest house out back if you don't wanna stay in the house." He said to me, "But I wanna help you out."

"How would I get to school Jordan? You're crazy if you think ima let you drive me to and from there everyday." I tried using that as an excuse as we walked through his house.

He turned around to look at me and smirked before continuing to walk. We entered the kitchen and be opened the door to his garage. I didn't notice he had car keys in his hands until he pressed a button on the remote, unlocking one of the cars and making the lights on it blink.

It was a white Range Rover.

"You're crazy if you think ima drive you to and from everyday too ma. That's yours- well it was mine and I just got it from the garage a couple days ago, thought you could use it."

"I can't drive!" I demanded, "And I'm not taking one of your cars either sorry."

"You gon learn, and you gon take that car." He said in a sing song tone, pulling me into him. I kissed my teeth and he laughed, placing a kiss on my forehead. "I'm sorry for yelling at you today babygirl."

"I'm sorry for being stubborn." I mumbled and looked up at him. "I don't know how you deal with me."

"Easy, I love you." He whispered to me. I immediately got goosebumps, and my eyes came glassy, hearing those words from him for the first time. He smirked as he realized the effect he had on me. "I love you mamas. And you don't gotta say it back, but I need you to know I do. You're the first female to ever have me this crazy bro, all the crazy shit you've got me doing I wouldn't have it any other way lil girl."

I cheesed and tiptoed to kiss him. "I love you too big head. But stop calling me a little girl. I'm grown."

"Yo head grown." He said and mushed my head. I rolled my eyes and laughed, attempting to walk away, but only to be pulled back. "I'm deadass D. You got me lock and key."

I smiled as we shared another kiss.

Well I guess that's my nigga now.