Chapter 38:" No, that was amazing."

Leah's P.O.V.

It's been two weeks since I agreed to be Noah's date to his cousin's wedding. We are currently driving toward the hotel. His cousin's wedding is the whole weekend. So Friday, which is today, we are just arriving and settling in. Tomorrow is the actual wedding and then Sunday we drive back.

We are half way there and I'm dying of boredom. I mean, we've been in this car for almost three hours. I'm literally dying inside.

Don't get me wrong Noah is amazing company but I need to move my legs. And it doesn't help that I'm taller than the average girl. I feel my legs form pins and needles.

I suddenly hear Noah's angelic laughter.

I turn my head toward him with an annoyed expression on my face.

"Why the laugh?" I question with narrow eyes.

Noah bites his bottom lip trying his best not to laugh again.

"Nothing it's just that your expression speaks volumes."

My annoyed expression immediately falls and I look away. After about 10 minutes of silence I turn the radio on. And one of my favourite songs comes blasting out the car speakers.

There you'll be by Faith Hill.

Ever since I watched Pearl Harbour I've loved this song. A smile immediately grows on my face. I look over toward Noah to see his reaction. He is also smiling to himself as he drives.

Suddenly Noah starts singing the song word for word. He sings every word not missing a beat. Noah and Faith's voice mix in such a beautiful way, which is ironic, because Noah's voice is even worse than mine. His voice causes me to start laughing so hard I can't breathe. All the air from my lungs is missing within seconds.

When the song came to an end Noah glanced at me with a small smile on his face. I finally stopped laughing and am trying to catch my breath but indeed struggling. When I finally catch my breath I look back at him with a smile still on my face.

"I take it you like this song." I state trying not to start laughing again.

Noah glances at me for a second before looking at the road again.

"I may like it a little." He says making my small smile grow into a whole grin. I swear all I do is smile when I'm with him.

"Just a little?" I question lifting my eyebrows. "You seem to know all the words." I state giggling to myself. I giggle trying to contain my laughter, because if I start laughing again I won't be able to stop.

Noah stays quiet for a while before saying in a voice just above a whisper," Pearl Harbour may be my favourite movie."

My mouth falls open at Noah's words. Pearl Harbour is his favourite movie. I would never have guessed that.

Noah glances at me again and at the sight of my expression his eyebrows furrow.

"Why is that so suprising?" He questions looking back toward the road.

"It's just that Pearl Harbour is a love story in a war story." I state with my own furrowed eyebrows.

Noah's eyebrows furrow even more, if that is possible.

"And? Why can't I like a good love story?" Noah questions turning a corner.

I stare at his face with a confused expression on my face.

What guy likes romance movies? I get that Pearl Harbour is actually based on the Second World War when Japan bombed the American Fleet stationed in Pearl Harbour, Hawaii.

Yes, I like history, if you haven't noticed yet.

But the movie is more about the love story than the historical events. So Pearl Harbour is considered more of a romance than an action or historical movie.

At my silence Noah glances toward me again. His movement catches my attention and brings me out of my inner rant.

"I'm sorry but it's just really interesting that your favourite movie is Pearl Harbour. Not that I'm saying that there is something wrong with you liking the movie. It's just that most guys don't like love stories and romance movies. Not that there is something wrong with liking romance movies, if you're a guy. I'm just saying that-"My rant is interrupted by Noah as he places his hand on my thigh.

I look up at him with wide eyes.

Noah chuckles at me before saying," Sailor, its okay. I get why you're questioning it a little bit. Well, not a little, more like a lot. But I mean, a guy liking a romance movie is a bit strange. But the thing is, I love the movie because yes the movie is about a historical event but the love story is not the stupid teen romance thing. The cliché, girl and guy hates each other but later fall for each other.

One of them does something to upset the other, it's usually the guy, and then they break up. Later, the wrong one makes it up to the other and they make up and live happily ever after. But in Pearl Harbour their love story is unique and one of a kind. Their love for one another is so strong and alluring that one cannot wish to have exactly that. To have someone love you for who you are and for what you are, to have someone look at you in such a way that makes you feel unique and one of a kind."

At the end of Noah's speech my mouth hangs open. I never thought that he was so smart. I mean, I knew he was smart in school but I never knew he was so intelligent. He looks at a simple movie in such a way that few people can.

At my silence Noah glances at me again and chuckles at my expression.

"Went too far?" He questions looking at the road again.

My amazed expression changes to one of awe.

"No. No, that was amazing." I respond breathless.

Noah chuckles as he stops the car at a traffic light. He turns toward me with a small smile on his face. I smile back as I lean toward him quickly. I kiss him quickly before the light turns green again. When we pull back Noah grins at me before turning toward the road and driving off.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Noah and I drove for about another hour until we finally arrived at the hotel. The hotel is beautiful. The entrance to the hotel had gorgeous huge doors that were glass with gold frames. The lobby is coloured in cream, white and brown. The first thing you see is the receptionist and her desk as you enter, to her left are the gold racks where the luggage goes and to the right there are cream coloured couches placed upon brown carpets.

(These pictures are the best I could find to show you guys the hotel and help you picture it better)