Chapter 30- Arrival

Start from the beginning

“Alright I’ll be there soon.”

“Thank you. I love you Chase.”

“I love you to, always.”

I cut off the mind link and turn my attention back to don. He was staring at me intently waiting for me to speak. I know he was wondering what happened.

“I linked with him and he’s coming to talk. He’ll be here today.” I said.

“On his own?” Don questioned.

“I don’t know but I don’t think he will fight and I’m hoping you keep your word and don’t either.”

“You have my word that if Chase doesn’t fight then neither will I.” He said.

“Thank you.” I replied.

“Go back to sleep we still have a while until morning.” He said and I didn’t disagree.

I was pretty tired and needed to be rested for tomorrow. I needed all my energy in case I had to do something to keep the peace. There is no way I would let either of them fight while I was around. I refuse to let anyone get hurt.

I laid back on the bed and closed my eyes and felt Don lay down next to me. For once since I’ve been here I actually had hope that things may work out after all. I don’t know how but I felt that they could. With that being my last thought I sank into darkness.

Chase’s POV

“What’s the news?’ Josh asked.

“She wants me to come there and not fight. She says Don won’t as long as I don’t.”

“Do you believe that?”

“No. I think he wants us to come unprepared and then attack.” I said.

Josh nodded his head. “I think your right. We need to go prepared and have our allies hid until we are ready for them to come out and fight.”

“Agreed.” I smiled. “We will get Ashlyn Crystal back if it’s the last thing I do.

Don’s POV

“Permission to enter Sir.” Gene said.

“Permission granted. What do you need?”

“Sir we have a palace car pulling up to the gates.” Gene said entering my office. “How would you like us to handle it?”

“Have you my men surround the car until we know who it is.” I ordered.

“Yes Sir.” Gene bowed and left.

I wasn’t expecting anyone from the palace until later today so it must be someone beside’s Chase.

I stood from my desk and walked out of my office and to the front gate. There were about 20 men standing around the car waiting for them to step out.

Gene walked to the door and slowly opened it. I took a cautious stance until I saw who stepped out and relaxed.

“Stand down.” I ordered looking at the guards.

“I’m surprised to see you here.”

Crystals POV

“I’m surprised to see you here.” Don said.

“And I’m surprised you don’t see me as a threat.” I challenged.

He laughed humorously. “Should I?”

He didn’t quite know what I was capable of and that was ok because he would find out soon enough if it was needed. It was best that way anyhow so I would have the element of surprise on my side.