Chapter 23- True Feelings

(Chapter 23- True Feelings)

As I walked home with Don we talked about everything. We really had a lot in common to be honest. I don’t know why but I get this feeling that I already know him. I know it’s probably crazy but there is just something so familiar about him.

As we stopped outside my house I released his arm and turned to him. I starred up into his bright green eyes studying them trying to figure out what it was about him. As Don starred back into mine I saw something that surprised me. His eyes held so much love that it scared me and I backed away. Why would he love me when I don’t even know him? Is he a stalker or something? He did just happen to be there all of a sudden didn’t he?

“Ashlyn what’s wrong?” Don asked worried.

I just shook my head and slowly backed away from him.

“What is it dear? Why are you backing away from me? Have I done something wrong?” He questioned.

“Who are you?” I said quietly.

“Don remember?”

“No I mean who are you really? I feel like there is something else you are not saying.” I said a little scared.

I continued backing away from him toward my house until my foot hit the bottom step to my house and I almost fell over. Faster than I could comprehend Don was there saving me from my fall. He carefully lifted me up as soon as I fell and put me back on my feet but didn’t remove his arm from me waist.

Don was giving me that loving look again as he slowly lifted his hand to my face. He brushed my check ever so gently before he started leaning in. I instantly knew what he was doing and my mind was screaming for me to run, but my body was staying in place enjoying his touch. I raised my hand to his that was holding my face and placed my hand on it. For the life of me I still couldn’t figure out why I was not running and letting some stranger put the moves on me. What is wrong with me today?

Slowly inch by inch Don was closing in on me and I made no attempt to move. My eyes studied his lips just before they finally made contact with mine. At first I didn’t react to him but then the tingles started, send jolts of electricity all through my body at once. I threw my arms around him I let my lips work with his. The kiss we were having was great and don’t get me wrong I was enjoying myself but something still felt off about it. As the kiss deepened and Don’s arm around me waist tightened bringing me closer to him Chase’s image hit my mind and the guilt started in.

I know Chase just used me and it was probably just something fun for him but it meant a lot more to me. I deluded my mind into thinking it could be something more with him only to have my heart broken. The thought of never being friends with Chase again or sharing what we had last night sent the tears streaming down my face. If one thing this kiss with Don taught me is that I love my best friend more than I thought I ever would. I wanted Chase so bad right now it was literally killing me inside. What I was doing felt like I was cheating on Chase even though we weren’t together. I know crazy right?

I unwrapped my arms from around Don and placed my hands on his chest pushing him away. He stumbled back and looked at me in shock but oh well I had somewhere to be.

“Don you’re a nice guy and all but I have to go. I have somewhere that I really need to be.” I stated.

“Thought you needed to go home?” He questioned.

“I did but now I realized there is somewhere else that I need to be.” I smiled and walked back the way I came.

There is no way I’m letting Chase just use me and toss me aside like that. I’m going to go tell him a thing or two about how he treats girls and especially me, I want more than that. I want Chase. I am going to tell him exactly how I feel.