Awkward Entrances and Windowsill Conversations

Start from the beginning

"Just think about what he could've done!"

"Yeah, he could've tickled your buns!" Alan said.

We all turned to him and looked at him with confused yet disgusted faces.

"Tickle your buns??" Daniel punched Alan's shoulder and snorted. "Who says that??"

"Only Alan." We all say in unison at our weirdo of a brother that always said things like that.

Alan playfully punched Daniel back and the living room turned into a war zone. Everyone was tackling and throwing pillows and wrestling. I took off my glasses in hopes of not breaking them and blindly jumped into the war.

I kinda got used to doing that without glasses just because of how often we did it. I knew them by their shapes and colors and stuff. Besides, it was only kinda blurry.

I hit Cameron with a pillow and in return, he lifted me over his shoulder and threw me onto the couch. Daniel came up and started tickling me until I lifted his leg out from under him and he fell. The war ended with the best power move ever. Jason judo flipped Finn. The war ended.

My mom was on the side with a look of horror on her face as she shielded Leo from the madness. I couldn't help but laugh when I remembered how protective Leo got earlier. He kept saying he was going to beat up Asher if he ever hurt me. He also said he would use his Nerf gun on him. Darn, sometimes I could actually tolerate him just because of his adorableness.

I was happy to see that my family had forgotten the incident. Though, I didn't know how it would be with Asher and me. Probably awkward.

We all dispersed and went on to our own business. I sighed as I entered my room. By then, it was noon. For a few hours, I just went around my room doing random stuff. I did homework, read, talked to the girls over the phone, I even rolled on the floor repeatedly in boredom.

Once the evening came around, I opened my window and looked out to see the sky. It was a gradient of yellow, pink, purple, and a bit of blue. It was so beautiful. I could see the crescent moon and a few stars out already.

I was in such a trance looking at the sky that I was horribly startled when something hit my windowsill. I fell on my butt but quickly got up to see what the disturbance was.

Something quickly flew towards me but just missed, falling into the tree next to my roof. Then, again. Except this time, it flew past me into my room. I crept closer to see what the object was.

A pebble.

That gave me the answer. I looked outside at the window across from mine. Asher was leaning his head against his arms and watching me. Not in the weird Edward Cullen type of way, though.

"Hey, Princess." Asher said sleepily into his arms.

I smiled cheekily. "Hey, Muffin. Why do you sound so sleepy?"

"I don't know. The sky is so calming and I'm kinda bored so I guess that makes me kinda dazey." He smiled and lazily brushed his hair out of his eyes. That. Killed. Me.

"Why did I wake up in your bed and not like a guest bed or anything?" I blurted out curiously.

Asher scrunched his face in thought for a moment as if remembering what happened. "I was going to sleep in the guest bedroom so you could be more comfortable in my soft bed, but you wanted me to stay with you."

I raised my eyebrows and I could feel the heat in my cheeks. "W-what did I say, exactly??" I croaked out in barely a whisper.

"Asher,can you stay here with me? Asher, please I'm scared!" He mocked in a high-pitched voice with his hands clasped together.

Gosh this is so embarrassing! I thought to myself. I put my hands over my face to try to hide myself.

I heard Asher stop laughing. I peeked out from hands to find Asher looking at me with a sympathetic smile.

"It's really okay." He tossed another pebble and it landed beside me on the windowsill.

I smiled and looked out at the sky. "This sunset is so beautiful. I can't wait to see what tomorrow's will bring us."

Tomorrow was a special day for me. It was my birthday.

"Yep. But tomorrow, there's gonna be one thing prettier than the sunset." Asher was giving me this weird look that made my face heat up.

I didn't think he knew about my birthday. I didn't expect him to, though. If anything, I might just do something with my family.

I stuck my head out of the window really quickly. "Hey, Muffin! I'm kinda tired so I'm gonna go to bed."

"Right now? It's still so early, though!" Asher whined.

I laughed and put my head back into my room. "Goodnight, Muffin."

Asher sighed. "Night, Princess."

In reality, I just couldn't wait for tomorrow, so I went to sleep as early as I could...

A/N: Hey guys!! I'm finally back from that unexpected break. If you're following me, you got the notification kinda explaining what happened. I'm fine now, though. I'm super duper sorry I took so long. I'm also sorry you all were left on a cliffhanger. I seriously didn't know I would be gone. Also thanks for 15k!! I love you guys so much thank y'all!! My readers have grown so much and I really appreciate you!! Man, Jason and Finn are such an iconic duo. They always walk in on Asher and Hazel in the worst moments! What was your favorite part about this chapter? Follow me if you want!! I hope you liked this chapter! Please keep reading and vote! Bye my lovelies!!!❤❤❤

---Your Smøl Bean, Gen