IV

Troy's POV

On Monday, me and Halo avoided each other in the morning, but my friends were on me like Sharks on blood.

"Hey, Troy!" My friend Travis called.

"Sup?" I called back.

"Why'd you go with Dawson after school yesterday?" The lacrosse goalie asked. "You two gettin' naughty?"

"Ugh! No," I snapped, keeping my voice down. "He's tutoring me in history, that's it. Get your head out of the gutter, dumbass."

"Aw, you gotta admit that he is a fine piece of ass for an Emo," added cheerleader captain Jessie.

"No, he's not. Maybe for you," I said, "but I'm straight as a ruler."

"Oh come on," Wendy, my other cheerleader friend called.

"No!" I said. "He's a loser. I could never like him."

"Good point," Travis said.

Halo's POV

I gasped. I'd been nearby, eavesdropping out of curiosity, when I heard Troy said that. Luckily, I hadn't been noticed, so I grabbed my bag and stormed off. School hadn't started yet, so I drove home and called in sick. I sobbed in my room, burying my head in my pillow, and then grabbed my razor blade and made 9 new cuts, each slightly deeper than the last, then tossed the blade back in its drawer. I opened a different drawer, and pulled out all of the pictures I'd ever drawn of Troy.

How could the kind, sweet guy I'd always drawn him as be such an asshole? Was it the lack of attention his parents gave him? I pushed these thoughts away, and curled up in my bed after setting an alarm for 2:30, and fell asleep.

L. I. L. L. I. L. L. I. L.

I woke up at 2, a half hour earlier than I set my alarm for, and drove to the school, where Troy was waiting for me shortly after I arrived.

"Where were you?" He asked.

"I wasn't feeling good, so I took today off," I lied, keeping my voice cool. "Get in."

"You sure you're up for tutoring?" Troy asked. I nodded.

"Let's get this over with," I groaned, and hit the gas.

"I thought we were friends now?" Troy asked. I scoffed.

"Bull shit. I showed up for a few minutes before I realized I needed to leave, and I am fairly certain that friends don't bad mouth each behind their backs," I said icily.

"Dude, we agreed to keep our friendship secret!" Troy said. "I'm sorry I called you a loser, but we agreed not to tell anyone."

"Oh, right," I said, feeling stupid all of a sudden.

When we got to my place, I quickly realized another stupid mistake.

"What's this..?" Troy asked, picking up one of my drawings. I snatched it away, stuffing it into the drawer along with the rest.

"Nothing," I said quickly.

"I don't think that a drawing of me is nothing," Troy said.

"Shut it!" I barked, walking out of my room, when Troy grabbed my arm, causing a pained hiss to escape me.

"Are you ok?" He asked, then rolled up my sleeve. "Nine new cuts... did you do this because of what I said?"

"Just leave it," I snapped. "Let's Just Get this over with."

Troy's POV

I felt bad. Halo had obviously cut himself because of my comment. But those pictures... could he like me? Yes, he left after I had made that comment. He probably felt devastated that I'd said that. I looked at Halo.

"Hey, I got you this, by the way," I said, pulling a phone from my pocket. "I added my number to it, and you don't have to worry about cell service, I got it attached to your address's phone line using my card so it wouldn't cost you anything."

"Wow, Thanks," Halo said, smiling at me. "You didn't have to."

"I wanted to," I said. "What's a teenager these days without a phone?"

"Well, in any case, thank you," Halo said. He booted it up. "Cool." I chuckled, noting how he looked cute. I hadn't really meant what I'd said before, but I knew the others were baiting me. I could now picture myself with him, especially if it meant seeing that puppy-like expression on that adorable Emo face. We finished up tutoring, and Halo took me home, where I quickly fell asleep, my dreams consumed by the cute, troubled boy that I was beginning to fall in love with.