Chapter 1: Konoha

It was cold. Cold and dark. Mikaela pried her eyes open to see a dimly lit room. She looked down to see herself bound to a metal chair, which was the reason for her coldness. Where was she? She wondered. There wasn't even a hint of blood on her. How did she get here?

    "Mama, papa, I t-think..." Mikaela hesitated to finish her sentence.

    In a rather large home in the Earth Kingdom was a wealthy family. Two impatient parents sat at a dinner table with a young girl, no older than twelve. Her father had brown hair and green eyes, while her mother donned soft green hair and brown eyes. The girl got her mother's hair and father's eyes. "Just spit it out, dear, we don't have all day," Her mother said in a bored tone, typing away at a computer.

    "Your mother's right, I actually need to be somewhere at the moment," Her father stood up to leave, phone in hand.

    "I think I'm the Avatar!" Mikaela accidentally shouted.

    Her father dropped his phone, her mother abruptly stopped her typing, both had wide eyes of disbelief. "Hah, I knew the brat was the avatar!" A voice exclaimed.

    The three family members looked to see it was one of their guards whom held a spear in hand. He, along with all the other guards who were supposed to protect the family, were closing in on them, greed clear in their eyes. "W-what do you think you're doing?!" Mikaela's mother yelled in a panic when all of them pointed their weapons at the family.

    "Now, now, if you don't make this difficult, you may live, all we want is the brat," The one with the spear said, then extended an arm toward Mikaela and grabbed onto her green locks, pulling her towards him.

    "Mikaela!" Her father ran to his daughter and attempted to free her from the man's clutches.

    Attempted. He was stabbed the moment he got within four feet of the girl by another guard. "Looks like you chose the difficult route. Oh well," The man sighed.

    Mikaela's mother screamed bloody murder and was silenced by a slice to the throat. Blood splattered everywhere, covering Mikaela and the guards with the warm liquid. Before the girl was even able to let out a peep, the man holding her by the hair shoved a cloth napkin, which was on the table, into her mouth.

    That's right...after that they had taken her somewhere in a metal box. Then she felt as if she was falling and...that's it. That's all she could remember. Was she still with them? Were they going to test her abilities now? Or force to do hurt others? It wasn't like she hadn't killed before, but that was a kill or be killed moment. She couldn't just kill for the heck of it. It wasn't in her nature.

    A door opened in front of her, bringing Mikaela out of her thoughts. A sliver of light flooded into the room, next thing she knew everything was engulfed in light. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust but when they did she saw there was a man in the room now. He looked young, maybe late twenties early thirties, had sandy brown hair, and hazel eyes. He held a clipboard and pen in his hands, and walked over to her until he stood directly in front of her. He was tall, Mikaela admitted, but menacing? Not really. He appeared more like that weird uncle you see at family gatherings but never really talk to. "Name," He demanded, not even bothering to look her in the eyes.

    Should I answer? Mikaela wondered. "Mikaela Saito."

    "Age."

    "Twelve."

    "Date of birth."

    "February fourteenth."

    "Land of origin."