Chapter Eight

" They said that I cannot attend practice or the meet unless I have a doctor note." Ayame said and stood in the doctor office for the appointment as she handed her doctor the papers.

" We need to wait for the test of your urine and blood samples so I can approve of your eligibility."

" Man, these test are so stoopid!" Ayame complained.

" Well, you did mention that it been an increase of you collapse on sight of being exhausted. Lack of nutrients in your body and you're not properly taking care of your health. From what your parents and the track instructor noted." 

" I'm taking much care of my body now and I'm ready to get back on the track. Not being able to run is like talking away my privilege to live. Do you know how many scholarships I receive already? I just want to be able to run freely with my team. I gain so much and I don't want to loose everything I worked so hard for. Please can you sign it and notified my instructor?" Ayame begged.

" I have to take precaution of your condition or I could loose my job doing so. I have to wait for all of your test to come out and to send to your parents"

Ayame stood at the entrance of the building with news to share. People walked past her, she stood there at the gate until the sky was no longer filled with light and the area was empty." Why did I even bother?" Ayame asked herself and let out a sigh. She close her eyes and began to walk away.

"Ayame!"

She turned her head and opened her eyes as her heart nearly burst out of her chest from being startled. She could not help but to smile as she seen him running towards her, waving his hand.

" Ayame, I'm so sorry that I came so late." He came to a stop standing in front of her as he placed his hands on his knees taking deep breaths.

" What took you so long, Sota-kun?" Ayame asks.

' It's a secret. If I tell you, I can guarantee you'll be upset." He tried to laugh off.

" Why is that?" Ayame said.

" But did you really wait for me all this time? Am I that important to you?" Sota quickly changed the topic as he teased and nudged her arm.

" Pfff, as if." Ayame rolled her eyes.

" I'm just teasing, you know."Sota jokingly says and chucked.

Ayame listen to his ridiculous jokes as they walked forward in the same direction together like always. She slightly looked at him from the corner of her eye and notice that was as laughing a little too hard. He was funny but the jokes wasn't that hilarious. She knew that something on his mind as she started to fall into a deep thought.

" I can't tell if he's really, genuinely laughing because of laughter or if it's forced. We haven't talked or been by the well since that incident occur. When I got body slammed by some person that kind of look like a wolf ish human.....Sota brushed it off as if it never happen or the well didn't existed. It's strange, it feels like he forcing his jokes to make himself laugh.

Sota continuously laughed at his jokes as he waited for a response of Ayame then soon realized that she was in a deep thought. Then, he realized that Ayame came to a stop.

" Huh? Ayame, what is it? I'm going end up leaving you" He says playfully.

" You....miss your sister, right?" Ayame said and came to an stop.

Sota paused his footsteps as his heart felt very heavy. He turned around as they made eye contact and tried the hardest to endure to pain. He didn't want his problem to be burden to her as he came up with an half truth.

" I'm just as happy with you being by my side. I'm okay if I don't ever see her again" He answered with a sincere smile and lower his hands down by his side.

" You don't mean that Sota, please tell me that you can't possibly mean that. It breaks my heart to hear something like that. She's the only family who you keeping secrets from and plus you mother... If I was somehow put in your situation despite all of the odds I'll still go see her. I know it's not my place-"

" Shut up then! If you know it's not your place then don't speak upon it."

Ayame looked at him startled.