|Chapter 11| Interference

Start from the beginning

Gale tried to make noise with the chains, maybe the other dragon slayers would hear it. But the chains pulled taut, and he sat slumped on the ground.

He could do nothing. He sat still, hoping and praying that someone would be able to smell his scent, or stumble upon him.

Nashi sat in her tent, nervously rocking back and forth, when Nova walked in.

"You're nervous," Nova stated blatantly.

Nashi stumbled over her words, "I- erm,  well, obviously!" She sighed, "my... My child from the future? Tonight? It's... It's a little messed up. Plus... I'm worried about tomorrow."

"What do you have to be worried about? You'll probably get to battle, it'll be fine."

Nashi shook her head, "you've all been avoiding it, but we still don't know when Judgment Day is. And, we don't know what happened with Caleb or Luna or Remington- my mom isn't telling me anything."

Nova swallowed, "I know. Gale's been on the edge too, can't say I'm staying far from it either though."

She couldn't really say that she was talking about the day after anymore. Nova knew what she was doing for herself was for the best. It was painful in more ways than one. Having to lie to her friends and family has been the hardest thing, but she needed to do it.

"I better go to sleep," Nova said, climbing into her sleeping bag.

"I'm going to go wait for them," Nashi said quietly. "Rose should be here soon, goodnight." Nashi immediately left the tent.

Sylvia was still in the medical tent, so while Rosemary was away, Nova was left alone with her thoughts.

. . .

Nashi smelled someone familar when she got to the camp fire. No, there was two other people who wasn't her mother.

She furrowed her eyebrow's when she saw his face.

The crown prince of Fiore... Was the time traveller?

"Prince Jay?" She muttered out. "I was expecting one of the triplets!"

"Oh, please," he sighed out. "They're powerful, but they're idiots."

Prince Jay was next in line for the throne of Fiore, and with the current situation they are in a neighboring country, specifically Sill, he's usually surrounded by at least 5 guards. He used to be outside, fighting off monsters and such to be one with the people. That's changed since negotiations between Fiore and Sill have gone farther than South. Now, his brothers, the triplets, have taken the role as public face for the royals.

He raised one green eyebrow at Nashi, "but we aren't here to talk about that or me," he turned his head and made eye contact with the girl he brought with him. Her red eyes and jet black hair... Nashi has only ever seen pictures of Zeref... But Mika looked just like him.

Nashi squatted down to her height, "hi... Mika, I'm Nashi." She held out a hand for Mika to shake.

Mika hid her hand behind her back.

"Is something wrong?"

"Yes," Mika whispered.

"Show her your hand," the prince said quietly.

Mika slowly showed her hand to Nashi. Her sleeve was draping over her wrist, there was no hand.

Lucy, who hadn't said a word the whole time, gasped.

"The future has changed," Jay explained, "she no longer exists."

"What? How?" Nashi asked breathlessly.