• sunshine state.

Start from the beginning

I pouted. "I'm hungry."

"There's a McDonald right around the corner," He said, putting the gas in the car. "We can go there after this."

I nodded. "Aren't you tired from driving?" I checked my phone and it was 12:15 PM. I've been asleep from a long time. "I can drive while you sleep if you want."

"Nah, I'm good." We both got in the car.

"But, you woke up early this morning." I told him. "You must be sleepy."

He went through the drive through of McDonalds. He odered our food. "Even if I am sleepy, I can't let you drive."

"Why not?"

He chuckled, getting our food from the lady. "You don't know where you're going."

I gasped. "Yes, I do. I used to go there with my mom to visit my grandpa."

He nodded. "But, I'm fine, really. Don't worry about me."

"Whenever you're tired, just tell me." I chewed on some fries. "Even if I get lost, I can always use a GPS. Not a big deal."

He laughed. "Aight."

"You not hungry?" I noticed he wasn't even eating the French fries with me. "Did you even eat breakfast this morning?"

He shook his head and opened his mouth. "Feed me."

I chuckled and put two French fries in his mouth. He playfully bit my fingers, making me shrieked and playfully hit his muscular arm.

"Do that again, and I won't feed anymore."

He laughed and his phone started ringing. He took it and quickly glanced down at it, sucking his teeth at who was probably calling. He declined it and looked back at the road.

"Why didn't you answering it?" I looked at him.

"It's Jasmine."

I nodded slowly. Only because I was wondering why the hell was she calling him. Just as a few seconds past by, his phone rung again.

"Pick it up for me." He told me.

I grabbed his phone and answered it. "Why are you calling him?" Chresanto laughed at my sudden rudeness.

"I wanna talk to Chresanto, not you, bitch."

I laughed sarcastically. "He's driving. What the hell do you want?"

"Why couldn't he just put the phone on speaker?" She exhaled harshly.

"'Cause he didn't want to talk to you in the first place." I chuckled. "I suggest you hang up."

"But, I need to-"

Before she could finish her sentence, I hung up on her face. I went on camera and took a picture with Chres, since he was on a red light. I posted it on his IG.

"What're we gonna do?" I questioned, after putting his phone down. He glanced at me with a puzzled face. "When you go to college and I'm still gonna be in high school?"

"What exactly are you asking me?"

"We're not gonna see each other like that." I spoke lowly. "That's only if you're going out of state."

"Well, I'm not. I'm staying here in Boston for college." He smiled at me. "I started looking for some colleges. But, I'm only staying here for you though. If it weren't for you, I would've went to New York or something."

I smiled, leaning over and kissed his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you more." He chuckled and glanced down at my lap. "You never ate the sandwich."