• i'm embarrassing?

»»°•Zonnique•°««

        I took a deep breath before knocking on Chresanto's door. He doesn't like me at all. I don't know why though. I've been very nice to him. It's not like I have a choice. Every time he says something rude or mean, I just wanna curse him out. I can't do that since I don't wanna get fired. I've been working here for only a week.

     I have to wake up at 5:30 AM every morning. I have to wake Chresanto up, and make his bed while he showers. This morning, I had to make him breakfast. He never appreciate the things I do for him.

"What?" He said, rudely when he opened the door.

      My heart started racing. It's not because I like him. He just makes me nervous when I see him. "I-I...I m-made you b-breakfast."

He rolled his eyes. "No, thank you." He was about to close the door but I quickly stopped it with my foot.

"Please," I pleaded, looking at him. "My boss said to make sure you eat something before school."

     His dad left early for work this morning. "I'll buy myself better food on my way there. I'm sure whatever you're giving me is nasty as fuck."

       My heart dropped into my stomach. That hurt. I felt tears burning my eyes. I look away. I promised myself to never let myself cry in front of people after getting kicked out of Kevin's house. It shows how weak I really am. I look back at Chresanto and nodded. "Okay."

       He closed the door and I walk away. I started cleaning the kitchen. When I was done, I wiped the tables and vacuumed the carpet in the living room. Chresanto jogged downstairs.

He handed me a $10 bill. "Get yo'self some' to eat. Looks like you haven't eaten in days."

I was getting skinny; I haven't eaten in 2 weeks. "Um, t-thanks."

Taylor came in sight, rubbing her eye. Why is she up so early? "Mommy, I hungry."

Chresanto raised his eyebrows. "Mommy?"

       Damn. I have to think of something. "Sh-She calls me that. She was only 1 when my mom kicked us out. Since then, she thought I was her mom. But, she's-"

"Okay, whatever." He interrupted me rudely. "I get it."

I quickly nodded and turned my attention to Taylor. "Go back to sleep, Tay."

She pouted. "But, I hungry."

        "My girlfriend is coming over tonight. As the maid or housekeeper, you have to do everything she says." Maid? I mentally rolled my eyes and nodded. "Well, I'm out."

      He walk out of the house. I turned to face Taylor. I picked her up and sat her on a chair. I grab Chresanto's breakfast, which was blueberry pancake, scrambled eggs and orange juice, I gave it to her. "Eat,"

     I watched her as she eat. When she was done, she went back to sleep in our room; which was the basement. I went back to cleaning the whole house.

                                                          *   *   *

"This is our housekeeper, uh..." Chresanto said to his girlfriend, pointing at me. He doesn't even remember my name. "What's your name again?"

"I'm Zonnique." I told the girl.

"You guys should've hired a pretty girl," His girlfriend chuckled.

     "Why does it matter if I'm pretty or not? I'm just here to work." I said, looking at her. I don't even know the girl's name.

"I guess it doesn't." A fake smile played on her lips. "I'm Jasmine."