Power of the red gem

|M/n pov|
I sat outside as the sun rose into the sky,it was warm like its always been.
Though...the silence was deafening to me,no birds chirping as the sun came up,no cars that drove down the street on their way to work,and no Nikita and Connor waking me up to get coffee then head off to my stupid desk job.Milk sat on my lap to sleep,it seems he burnt off a large amount of energy yesterday.

So keeping him out of trouble would be easy.
"Morning M/n."

"Hey Para!You're up early,from what i heard from Rulite it takes a few hours before you wake."

"That Ruby you placed in my chest...It's like an energy source so it helps speed up my waking progress."I hummed in response and stood from the floor with Milk in my arms.
"Did Kongo-sensei send you to find me?"

"No,I came to find you on my own.I read that humans tend to become depressed if left alone for too long...Are you depressed?"They asked with a worried expression on their face.
"I would be lying if I said I wasn't."

"Maybe a walk on the shore would cure your sadness."

"Depression has no cure~But!I appreciate the offer,shall we?"I said holding out my unoccupied hand to them.When their hand touched mine,the gem in my chest glows again causing another hole in their chest to be filled with a ruby.
"That is one amazing ability you have."

"Yeah,It would be a LOT better if I could control it."

✿✿✿

We lazyed around the shore and Milk ran around happily near the water.After a while Phos and Angel joined and we played a simple game of tag....After explaining how to play.
"Got you!"

"Dammit you're fast!"Angel yelled after i tagged them.Para laughed and sat on the side lines with Milk.
However Phos stops looking dead at my chest and so I looked down to see a light glow...
"What is it doing?"

"I'm not-"

"HUMAN!!!!"Yelled a booming voice and knocked the four far away me...I swallowed deeply as I was now alone with this monster thing from the moon!
"......F-fr...Free....Me?"It says touching the gem in my chest with it's long nail.
Somehow I wasn't scared of it anymore.
"M/N!"I held my hand up to stop them and I didn't hear anything from them after that.
"Ch...Child...O-of....Ruins."It said causing the gem in my chest to glow even brighter.
"Child of ruins...How do you know about that?"It didn't seem to know why it knew that but I touched the nail;causing the moon spirit to turn into light.
"Thank you child of ruins..."

"You're welcome..."The light was sucked into the gem on my chest and the glow fades.
"Child of ruins?"

"Uhhh hahah on the day of D/o/b three children that I know of were born on the same day,same time but in different sectors of earth.After the first four impacts destroyed a few countries,they became sectors and factions-Back to what I was explaining;I was one of them and my friends were the others two.We were born when the fifth impact happened.People started to call us that and blamed us for what happened but others welcomed us with opened arms and said it wasn't our falt."I said shrugging it off and walked away but my legs gave out and vision blanked out to darkness.

|Padparadscha pov|
I rushed to his side and shook him and panicked when he wouldn't respond.I picked him up and ran straight to Kongo-sensei to see if he knew what was wrong.
"Kongo-sensei!M-M/n fainted!"

"What happened?"

"He-he purified a spirit and fainted!"His eyes shot open and he reached for M/n and I quickly handed the fainted male over to him.
"This is strange....His gem collected the soul of the damned...It's purified completely."

"But how?"

"They recognize his humanity and  want theirs back,to be free like he is."
My mind flashes on how harmless the moon person looked when in M/n's presence.It even spoke to the best of its ability.
"Maybe he could end our war with them."

"He could be but not without a huge strain on his body and gem.Take him to his room.M/n will be fine once he wakes up."I nod and take M/n from Kongo-sensei.
Why did I become so panicky?I mean sure he's the last of his kind but he won't die because of the red diamond but seeing him in danger made me squeamish...
Once to his room I laid him down on the bed and covered him up.
What kind of book is that?
There was a large f/c book sitting on his nightstand.
"Memories of life?"When picking it up there was a picture in the front of a baby with H/c locks and two others;
His 'parents' if that's the correct word.
I opened the book to see pictures of M/n's very beginning...How he grew up,the places he's seen and the people he met.

The last picture was of him and two others smiling together in front of a building with a cup;maybe one of those 'cafes' Diamond read about a while back.

The last day M/n Reed was seen....

Reading that line made me feel sad for him.M/n is forever out of his element...So far from a home that no longer exist.
Eventually I went to sleep sitting on his windowsill.

✿✿✿

When I opened my eyes it was midday and M/n was still sleeping peacefully,There came a knock on the door and it opens.
"Lapis,what are you-"

"Kongo-sensei asked that I check on you both.Seems he's still out cold."Lapis said moving a few strains of hair from M/n's face.
"He's so cute when he sleep.I see you looked through his photo album.The last picture was put in by whomever placed him into that cryogenic thing."

"Do you know who?"

"I just found out from these papers.Lana and Jack Reed,they found the stone for the fifth impact and did experiments on it.M/n was still a baby at the time and found that the gem responded to his laughs and crys but not to anything else."Lapis said handing me the papers so I could see for myself.Lapis was right his parents gave him the gem.
"When placed near M/n;All human functions such as to breathing seems to be nonexistent but he continues to act normal."

"The second one,talks about feeding and from their knowledge he wasn't hungry.Maybe if they found more of these gems,more humans would of live and would be here now."

"But they didn't."

"Tragic don't you think?Humanity came so far and fell so quick."Lapis said with a mournful expression on their face.The door opens once again and Aculeatus was walking in with a more human like appearance.
"Hows the human?"

"He's fine,also try addressing him by name."

"I'll remember that later."Aculeatus said sitting at the end of the bed with a fixed gaze.
"He...He seems oddly familiar to me."He said poking M/n's gem but this caused the sleeping male to flinch in his sleep which caused us to jump a bit.
"Okay,don't touch that.He doesn't even touch it!"It didn't seem like he was listening,Aculeatus had a far off look on his face and as if he saw something.
"I-i saw giant concrete tombstone with...Windows?"

"What?"

"I-it was like this place but gray or black and so huge..."I grabbed a book of human kind and looked through it.
"I think you saw a skyscraper....But why would you-The gem."

∴━━━✿━━━∴

LMH💎