CHAPTER TWO.

Jungkook shoves another salmon bruschetta into his mouth and almost chokes on it when his mother hits him in the back hard enough for the sound to ring through the venue.

"Mom! What the hell!" Jungkook hisses, reaching for the now throbbing spot on his back with his hand. He'll never figure out how a woman so petite is able to pack such a punch.

"Stop eating all the damnn food," she growls, pointing at the half empty tray next to her son.

"What were you expecting to happen when you brought me here," Jungkook says smugly, looking rather proud of himself. He knows there isn't much she can say to that. Afterall, what else is he supposed to do in a place like this? Hell, everyone present at the venue will be ladies, which means he's going to have to keep himself busy by doing what he does best. Eating.

"You better behave, young man," she hisses menacingly, ignoring the look on her son's face and turns to straighten her dress and check her reflection in the mirror behind her.

Jungkook's mother was a former model who turned to creating her own cosmetic brand once she realized that she wanted more stability in life. Today is the launch of her cosmetic brand's newest line, and as always, she has arranged a small party for beauty bloggers in promotion of her new products. Jungkook had only been to one so far. The first one. He's always been aware of the constant parties and promotional events but had stayed away from it because...who gives a shit about lipsticks and eyeliners? Not him. Yet this time around, his mother had basically forced him to, because she had always wanted him to be a part of the company as soon as he completes his business degree.

"Do I have to stay for the whole thing?" Jungkook asks, sneaking himself another mini bruschetta when he sees that his mother is too busy maing sure her hair is still perfect.

"Yes."

"You know no one's going to pay attention to the product because they'll be too busy looking at me, right?" he continues with a cheeky grin, eyeing the cheese platter this time.

"I know you're my son and I've created you," she replies, turning to look at Jungkook. "But you are very irritating."

"What can I say. My mother raised me right."

His mother only rolls her eyes and walks off elsewhere, but not before she points at him with a silent "I'm going to keep an eye on you. Don't fuck this up." He only flashes her a thumbs up and pops a block of cheese into his mouth. Oh ew, this one sucks.

Once the doors are open, the venue is filled with young women seemingly in their early to mid twenties. Even Jungkook has to admit that their makeup is impeccable. He watches as his mother stands on the stage and gives a whole speech that's both weirdly inspirational and funny (he wrote most of the jokes). He then watches the bloggers go around trying out products, taking a million and one photos as a live DJ blasts out the right music to set the mood.

Jungkook is getting nothing out of this. Sure, there are a bunch of them eyeing him hungrily, and a few of them even had the audacity to approach him and ask what his Instagram account is (he lied and said he's security), but what good is all that when he's gay.

He pops a cocktail shrimp in to his mouth, wondering just how much longer he has to stick around before the thing is over. He doesn't even like the damn music, and the collective smell of perfume assaulting his nose is starting to get a bit overwhelming. He scans the area, wondering if there is a door that he can sneak out of and spots a figure who stands out from the rest of the crowd.

There is another man present, and from the looks of it, the man seems to be a beauty blogger as well. He has his back turned towards him, so he can't be entirely sure, but the way he's standing a good head above everyone else, with much broader shoulders and narrower hips are all a good indication that the figure must be a man.

The man is now standing over one of the counters swatching different lipstick shades on the back of his hands, he's definitely one of the beauty bloggers who's been invited.

He wasn't even aware that male beauty bloggers exist.