Chapter 34: Darkness

Pain.
Sorrow.
Rage.
Desperation.
All pooled inside me as I watched the man who I had considered like a father to me, drift and faded away before my very eyes.
I don't remember the rivers of tears that came rushing out of my eyes.
I don't remember the endless screaming leaving my mouth.
I remember my uncle holding onto me as i fought my way to Harry.
harry.
What he was feeling. What he was thinking. Losing the only family he left...I couldn't bare it. Remus's grip only tightened on me as i watched Bellatrix grin from ear to ear as she skipped away. Yelling out her victory.
I wanted to end her. Right here. Right now.
I wanted her to suffer.
Wanted her to feel the pain that roared to life in my chest.
And i knew so did Harry.
Soon as that bitch exited the room he went flying after her. No one powerful enough to stop him. Fighting my way out i wanted to run after him. To join in. To join his little party to make her suffer. To watch her die. Just like I had watched....Sirius die.
But Remus would not give in. He would not let me go. Tonks was over to his side in a heartbeat and she reached for my arms as well.
I don't remember her grabbing on and dragging me away.
I don't remember seeing Dumbledore's face as he spoke to me.
I remember begging, pleading with them to let me go after Harry.
No one gave in. No one spoke a single word to me as i was dragged out of the Ministry,
Kicking and screaming.
Filled with rage.
Filled with sorrow.

The hours passed by slow as I laid my head in the chair. How i had gotten to the safe house I couldn't recall. I couldn't recall a lot of things...however one thing i could.
Sirius dying.
Right before my very eyes.
The pain was still flesh. As was the wound.
The rage, fortunately crawled back into the darkness from where it came. Oh believe me i was till angry. Wanted payback, but not as much as before.
How long it had been since...his passing i didnt know. All I knew was that i was here. In my old room. In his house. In the order's headquarters.
Remus must have brought me here. why? I had no idea. But for now i guess it was the safest place to be.
"Good your awake". To my surprise, Tonks with her bright flaming orange hair slightly smiled back at me. The cup in her hand she pushed it to me. Knowing that i had to do something to take me mind off what had happened, i took the cup from her and drank.
"Remus's didnt know if you liked tea or whatever so he just made some anyway".
I didnt mind tea so much. The warmth it brought me was calming. Just what i needed. "Its fine". My voice was small and soft, but still so rough.
"Look, Remus told me not to talk to you about...what happened after we pulled you out, but you are Potter's girlfriend so you have a right to know". Tonk stated, plumping herself down on the chair next to me. I took another sip of the hot tea.
"No surprise to any of us, but he went after her. A stupid mistake to do when your just full of rage, but anyway when he pulled out his wand on her...'he' showed up".
My heart skipped a beat. Hermonie was right. It had been a trap. The very though of the dark lord being their. Just feet from them. From me. Made my. skin crawl. "Playing on the rage and anger in his head, he managed to get inside Harry's head".
My breathing stopped, "Did Harry-
Tonks nodded her head, "Harry's fine now. Dumbledore managed to help Harry fight him off. Thank goodness". The breath caught in my throat came to rise up and i let it out. Relief now flooding into me. Thank goodness Harry was safe. Thank goodness that he was alive.
"That's brilliant". I whispered. Tonks smiled in agreement.
"Soon as we brought him back to Hogwarts he started asking where you were and why you weren't there". A explosion of red danced across my cheeks. I then pulled the blanket over my lips and nose. To hid the blush from her, but Tonks smirking up a storm noticed it already.
"Remus only told him that your safe and still upset".
Of course he did. He may have been protecting me like. A good uncle should, but Harry needed me. especially now.
"But i thought I'd give Potter a little more then that". She said with a wink.
I stood up. Pulling the blanket off me.
"What did you tell him?"
"That you'll see him soon".
I let out a sigh. "How soon?"
"How does tomorrow sound?"

Though Sirius death hit Harry hard, it also hit Cassie really hard. After her parents died and Remus was away, Sirius was the one to check in on her and help her out. He was doing that for seven years so he's like a father to her in away. So his death impacts Cassie a lot. Another reason for Harry and Cassie to grow even closer together.
Also the chapter after this one is the end. So that should be up before Sunday I hope.