Chapter 2: introductions

I wasn't sure what to make of the small house as we entered the building. Remus said that this was the current meeting place for the order and though it didn't look like much I just had to take his word for it. It was nearly midnight when we had arrived and as we entered I wasn't sure if anyone would be awake, but as Remus pushed me into the kitchen I came across a fully awake Sirius with a cup of tea in his hand. As he turned to my direction his face lit up and he sat up from the table and pulled me into a big hug. I wrapped my arms around him and smiled. I had been seeing Sirius more rectantly then my uncle as my uncle had entrusted him to look after me every once in while after my parents. I knew that it hurt Remus to leave me alone, but he was hurting just as much as I was.
"Its good to see you, Cas". He greeted with a grin pulling away from me. I smiled back as I noticed a hint of gray showing in his beard.
"Are you trying out the grandpa look now?"
Sirius smirked and rolled his eyes at me.
"Not in a million years. Besides ill never grow old. I'm too cool for it". He chuckled causing me to now roll my eyes as Remus entered the room and greeted Sirius with a handshake.
"So are you ready to have her meet everyone then?" Sirius asked his old friend.
"Cassandra is almost seventeen and its high time that she was told what's going on. I know her mother, my sister, Ruth wanted her to stay out of it, but I don't feel right leaving her in the dark. She needs to know what were doing here".
Looking up at my uncle I could see that he was conflicted about this. He wanted me safe after being away from me for all these years, but at the same time he wanted me to be ready for what was going on and I was glad to be involved. After last year nothing was going to be the same. Not like it had been before.
"I agree. Better she knows now so that she can protect herself from what's coming".
"I'm glad were all on the same page then".
I rolled my eyes at my uncle and his best friend and as I was about to utter a response instead a yawn came out of my mouth. Sirius grinned.
"Looks like someone needs sleep". He said putting an arm around me. I nodded my head slowly in agreement. It had been a long day and I was about ready to just fall over on the floor and take a nap there. Remus smiled as he took me from Sirius and helped me up the stairs. We then headed to the third room on the right. Remus opened the door slowly then I sat down on the bed as he pulled my bags into the room.
"I know its not perfect, but-"
I shook my head and removed my jacket then kicked out my boots.
"Its fine, don't worry". I said with another yawn interrupting me. Remus smiled and before I could even say goodnight to him he was gone just like that. I sighed and with my shirt and jeans still on laid my head down on the pillow and pulled the covers up over me. Then I didn't have to wait long as the events of the day overwhelmed and pulled me into a deep sleep.

Opening my eyes the next moring I realized that I had slept in til quite pretty late so I pushed off my clothes and put on a fresh pair. Then I pulled my hair back into a side messy braid and proceeded to open my door. In doing so I noticed that all the other doors to rooms were opened wide and that no one seemed to be in them. I let out a sigh knowing that everyone was probably already up and having a meeting. I wasn't sure if Remus wanted me to join them or if he wanted to come get me himself, but either way I was too nervous and excited to wait. Hoping down the stairs I heard a loud conversation going on in the main kitchen area from last night.
From the way everyone sounded I wasn't so sure if I wanted to meet any of them right now. I was not about to get in the middle of all that. I had just gotten here and I decided that I did not want to be dismissed just for interrupting a heated debate. Turning the corner to head back up the stairs the kitchen door came wide open.
"Ah good morning, Cas". I let out a sigh of relief to see Sirius standing in the doorway with a cup of tea most likely and a grin across his face.
"Morning. I'm sorry if I'm interrupting-"
Just then my uncle came to the doorway and shook his head.
"No not all". He said
"We were actually waiting on you".
I nodded my head as Sirius tilted his head, signaling for me to come in. Letting out a breath that I didn't know that I was holding back I ushered myself into the large kitchen/ living room area. Entering the room from last night a noticed all the eyes and faces that had now turned their attention to me and I felt like my voice had gotten stuck in my throat.
"Everyone". My uncle placed his hands on my shoulder, "This is my niece, Cassandra Lovelace. As some of you know both her parents were apart of the order many years ago and I believe it is now time for my niece to be involved. I hope you will all welcome her here".
As my uncle nodded to all the people in the room. The rather large red haired women grinned widely at me as she pulled me into a hug.
"Welcome to the order deary". She said finally releasing me from her hug just as the two red heads at the end seemed to disappear and then reappear just inches from me. I nearly jumped back into my uncle as they held out their hands.
"Honestly you two!". The women scolded them. "You nearly gave her a scare".
"Fred and George Wealsy at your service". The twins introduced themselves. I smiled and took both their hands.
"N-nice to meet you both".
The twins smiled devilosuly before disappearing into thin air again. The women who still hadn't introduced herself to me walked over to the living room and sat down on the couch.
"Mind you those two are trouble makers. How Molly puts up with it ill never know". Remus stated from behind me as he pointed to the women sitting on the couch. I had never really meant any of the Weaslys before. I mean I had seen Ron and Ginny a few times around Hogwarts while rushing from one class to the next, but that's all I really knew about them. From what I could see they seemed like a good loving family which with everything going on seemed to needed.
"I offered to cast a spell on them to make them behave, but you know Molly". I turned my eyes to the last women sitting at the table. How I had missed her with her bright purple hair and cheeky grin ill never understand. She winked at me as she stood up from the table and came over to me.
"Remus never mentioned how much you look like your mum". She said eyeing my uncle. Remus tried to force a smile, but I knew that he was still fighting back the pain of losing her. And deep down so was I.
"So I've been told many times".
I held out my hand.
"Cassandra".
She smiled and took my hand. "Tonks. Its wonderful to finally meet you Cas".
"It's wonderful to finally be here".
Tonks grinned even wider and placed her elbow on my shoulder then leaned in.
"It's about damn time you came. With Remus not being able to shut up about you I thought we were never going to be able to meet the famous Cassie".
I let out a chuckle as my uncle rolled his eyes at Tonks.
"Can I call you Cassie".
"Yeah go for it. I mean Sirius calls me Cas so Cassie is just fine".
"He does that a lot".
I raised an eyebrow at her.
"You mean shortening people's names?"
She nodded.
"Yup. He finds it quite funny. Esecially when he calls good old Remus here, Rem". Tonks informed me. Glancing up at my uncle I couldn't help but burst out a laugh. He seriously called my uncle Rem? Oh my goodness.
"Rem? Really?"
Remus sighed. "Unfortuntly yes".
Sirius patted his old friend on the back.
"I never heard you disapprove of it".
"You would still manage to call me by that name even if I told you that I hated it".
Sirius winked at my uncle as he headed for the door.
"You are absoultly correct". Sirius said exiting the room. Remus laid he hand on the bridge of his nose and let out a rather loud sigh causing both of us to glance up at him and chuckle. Tonks smiled softly and patted my uncle's back.
"That man gives me a headache".
"Cmon Remus he's just trying to have some fun". Tonks reminded him Remus just shook his head.
"You know he could call you something way worse". I added making him turn to me.
"Do not give him any ideas, Cassandra".
"I won't. I promise". I said as my uncle headed for the exit. Tonks smiled and turned to face me. Taking my hands she led me into the living room to join Molly. Siting down beside her on the ground I smiled over at the door. I was defintly glad to be here and I knew that I was going to have enjoyable time here.

She gets to meet Harry in the next chapter and I'm excited for you to see that!