Chapter 11: Dumbledore's Army begins

Nudging my way through, as Harry, Ron and Hermonie moved to the front I spotted Luna standing next to Ginny and decided to join them.
"Glad to see you made it". Ginny smiled.
"I didn't even know what was going on". I explained. Luna raised an eyebrow at me.
"you didn't?"
I shook my head. "No. I just happened to stumble upon Harry sneaking around and that's how I found out". Both Ginny and Luna glanced at one another.
"Well..umm..I'm sure your wondering why your all here". Hermonie spoke as she stood up. Everyones attention dead locked onto her.
"We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had experience defending themselves against the dark arts".
"Why?" someone asked.
Ron turned his gaze to the boy,
"Why? Cause you know whose back you toss pot".
"So he says". The boy said gesturing to Harry. Clearly he had not been present the last few years.
"So Dumbeldore says". I snapped back at him nodding to both Harry and Hermonie. The boy's gaze fell to me as he scoffed.
"So the old headmaster says just cause he said". This guy was seriously getting on everyones nerves especially Harry's. It was clearly written across his face. Harry sighed and stood up.
"Look im not going to talk about Cedric and if that's why you're here you can clear out now". He stated firmly. No one moved making me breath a sigh of relief. Cedric's name had been dragged through the dirt enough.
"Is it true that you can produce a pratronus charm, Harry?" Luna asked with a grin across her face.
"Yes I've seen it actually". Hermonie nodded. My eyes widened at Hermonie's answer.
"That's incredible, Harry". I spoke up.
Neville who I had meant during my first year, stood up. "And he killed a baslick with a sword in Dumbledore's office".
"Its true!". Ginny piped in.
"Third year he fought off 'bout a hundred dementors at once". Ron added glancing up at his best friend.
"And last year Harry really did fight off you know who in a flash-"
"Look it all sounds great". Harry interrupted Hermonie as he stood up with a stern facial expression. "When you say it like that, but umm..the truth is most of that was just luck. I had no idea what I was doing half the time and I always had help".
"He's being modest".
Harry shook his head. "No im really not. Facing this stuff in real life isn't like school. Its not. In school you can make a mistake and try again, but out there..well...when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes- you don't know what that's like".
     In a way I did. Though I had never been murdered or been in the process of it I knew what it felt like to watch someone you cared about die right before your very eyes. No matter how much time had passed losing someone that you loved was never easy. The pain, the grief the sadness it never truly was gone. And Harry had been through all of it. He had lost both his parents before he had even gotten to know them. And now he was being asked to teach us how to defend ourselves against an attack that could potentially kill us one day. That wasn't an easy thing to do. And he needed to know that he wasn't alone.
"I do". I stood back up and looked over at them. "I watched my parents get murdered when I was just seven. I know what its like to watch someone you care about die in front of you". Letting out a breath that was holding back Luna wrapped her arm around me.
"that why we need you, Harry". I added.
"Cassie's right Harry. That's why we need your help". Hermonie stated "Because if were going to have any chance of beating....Voldamort..."
"He's really back?" The boy from earlier spoke up. This time with more nervousness in his voice. Harry didn't bother to answer the boy as he just sat their still trying to wrap his head around everything that was going on.
                                           With everyone seemed to be sold/ moved by both Harry and Hermonie's words the list of members sooned filled up quickly. Both Luna and Ginny had signed up and as the last three students cleared out of the shack and decided to sigh. Honestly I was nervous about what to expect from this new army, but I knew that Harry was going to do a good job. I had hope and so did the rest of the people who had signed.
As I was about to walk out I felt someone grip onto my jacket sleeve.
"Was that true what you said?"
Turning back around I nodded at Harry.
"It was".
"you told me your parents were killed, but you never said that you saw them die".
I sighed. "Somethings aren't easy to talk about. This is one of them". Harry's eyes spoke such compassion and volume as they locked onto mine. Harry took s step forward and placed his hand over mine.
"Then why bring it up?" Ron asked.
"Honestly...I wanted Harry to feel like he wasn't alone. I know ive never been a target, but I know what its like to see those you love die right in front of you. Its-"
"Its nothing you can ever get over". Harry finished. I nodded my head as I brought my hands around me. Wrapped myself into a hug.
"Im sorry about your parents, Cassie". Hermonie's soft voice seemed to calm me a little, which I needed.
"Me too, but I have my uncle and Sirius to look after me". I smiled as all four of us made our way to the front door. I opened it for all of us. Then shut it behind. The snow was falling heavier then once we had arrived, but it wasn't too bad. With ever increasing soon brought along Christmas and that was what I was most looking forward to this year.

I know someone's going to tell me that having both Cassie's parents dead too is going to be a cope out or whatever, but not everyone has parents, or both parents. Especially in the wizarding world. Life happens, wars happen and not everyone survives and besides its also just a fanfic.
Besides Neville lost both his parents too.
But anyways I'm happy that I'm writing this. After so many twilight stories it feels good to change things up a bit and write from a different fandom that I love.