Chapter 6: To new friends

"Where she comes from friend must mean a different word". A hushed voice uttered behind me. The voice caused me to almost jump out of my seat lucky for me the hand that the face belonged to reached out to grab me before I could fall over.
"Sorry about that". The boy with black spiky hair apologized.
"No its okay I just wasn't expecting that.."
The boy smiled. "Leo Edwards".
"Cassandra Lovelace".
The boy nodded his head then titled it.
"Mind if a call you Cassie. Cassandra is just too long. I mean it is a pretty name, but so formal". Leo chuckled reaching for a roll.
Shrugging my shoulders I shook my head. "I don't mind".
"So your really ex-Professor Lupin's niece then?"
"How did you-"
"Overheard a few second years mention it. I mean it really wasn't that hard to figure out anyways. I mean he was a Professor here and he did talk about you once in while".
"Does she really think that no one is not going to use magic in the corridors?" I asked Leo turning my eyes back on her. Whatever the ministry was planning it was not going to go over well with anybody.
"I don't know she seems pretty keen on it". Leo said with a hint of uneasiness in his face. Letting out a sigh I wanst able to stop myself from glancing over at the grffindor table. Neither Harry nor his friends seemed too keen on this new professor's ideas as well. Trying to look away Harry's eyes meant mine and he and I both knew we were on the same page with what was going on.
"Well I know one student who will try to challenge her, not that I blame him".
"I don't understand why people don't believe him". I said rasing my voice slightly. Leo sighed and put his hands behind him.
"Do they honestly think that Harry would want...him back?"
"Who knows".
"Well I believe Harry". I said. "Even if everyone else doesn't".

With the nice weather coming in hot I had decided to take a break from breakfast and head out to courtyard to get some drawing in before my first class of the day. Settling down at the perfect spot I sat down my books and crossed my legs over one another just as few students crossed the yard. I figured it would be a better idea to spend my free time outside this year then stuck up in the Ravenclaw girls' dorms. This way I would be able to enjoy the nice weather while also being around others. Though many other students weren't really around this time of the day I wasn't too bothered about it.
"Well that's not half bad". Looking up from my drawing pad I found a smiling Leo and Luna staring at me. Both of them were fully decked out in their robes and books all ready to go fro class.
"Thanks". I replied quickly shutting it away.
"Leo's right Cassie there very whimsikcly". Luna added making Leo laugh.
"Whimslicy is good". Luna grinned. "Not the word id use personally, but none the less still a good one". I smiled up at both of them as they decided to join me on the ground. Luna sat beside me while Leo laid back on the grass.
"How did you two find me?"
Leo let out a yawn while crossing his feet over the other.
"Luna noticed you were gone so she came to find me and dragged me along. All I wanted was to sleep in for another twenty mintues". Leo explained letting another yawn escape his lips.
"I didn't know that you two knew each other".
"Oh yes we do!" Luna beamed looking over Leo. "Leo's been my best friend since our second year". Leo winked at me while holding up a thumbs up.
"Its true. Professor Snape paired us up during our first assignment and we've been friends since. Luna's not as bad as everyone keeps saying she is".
"Does everyone else really nor like her?"
Lego let out a sigh.
"They think she's...weird, which theres nothing wrong with that-"
"Looney Lovegood". Luna said meeting my eyes. "That's what they call me".
"Oh". I let out a sigh and placed my hand on Luna's shoulder.
"That's awful"
Leo sat up from the grass and stood up just as the halls began to fill with students.
"Yeah it is". Leo mumbled under his breath.
"We should probably get to class". Luna sat up.
"Yeah. I rather not be late on my first day".

Sorry for the short chapter. I wanted to keep the umbridge yelling at harry/him getting in trouble into one chapter.