Wattpad Original

Author's Note

I started this book in January of 2019, not really thinking anything of it. I wanted to toy around with a romantic fantasy novel involving demons and angels, and thus, originally named The Touch of Death, renamed Death's Reign, and finally, The Daughter of Demons was born.

It was finished in four months, but I wasn't satisfied. I wanted more, so I decided to rewrite it. While most stayed the same, I split the original into two books and added more scenes with the characters to tie into the plot, as well as make the changes I felt needed to be made. I'm excited to see where Celeste's story goes, and I hope each of you join me on that journey.

Since the beginning, I've not only seen changes and growth in myself as a writer but as a person myself. Celeste is a very stubborn and independent woman. As I continued to write about her -- her life and journey -- I realized how truly important that is.

Not bashing on men, or shutting them out completely, but being their equal and standing strong whether they're there by your side or not.

This novel has reached nearly 88,000 reads on Wattpad, and over 129,000 reads on Inkitt. The constant support that I have received on both websites/applications has helped grow my motivation to finish this book, finish strong, and continue the character's stories in a three-book series(Death's Trilogy).

My family has been a great support system as well, and I wouldn't be the writer I am today without them.

To my dear editor, Allyn: Thank you, you're a consistent help with this story, the characters, and I love reading your reactions as we go through each chapter, and what is to come.

Through our late-night editing sessions and binge-writing, you have grown to be a dear friend that I love and adore. I don't know what I would do without you, and I hope you stick around as we take on this wild ride called Death's Trilogy, and his Spinoff.

It has been a wild ride, but I enjoyed every moment of writing TDOD.

Here's to the next.

Yours Truly, Em
xoxo

──∞──

Click for the next chapter for a preview into
BOOK TWO: The Demon of Angels!

Click for the next chapter for a preview into BOOK TWO: The Demon of Angels!