Wattpad Original

The Demon of Angels | Sneak Peak

UNSHEATHING A DAGGER, my father held the blade to my throat. "Say goodbye, daughter," he taunted, walking us backward, and away from the boys. I thrashed against him and tried to fight the invisible restraints he had against my body, but everything I did was useless. He had me at his will, and I could do nothing but beg for mercy.

I met Zeke's gaze across the room as he blinked back whatever haze had taken control of his body. His eyes widened in terror, and I used my eyes to tell him what I couldn't with my mouth.

This isn't goodbye.

At that moment, Zeke burst from his knees with a roar, his arms rippling with fur as his raven-black wings burst from his back. He bolted for me, running at us full throttle with a murderous gleam in his eyes as he stared at my father.

"I don't think so, boy," my father sneered, wasting no time in digging the blade hard in my chest, then raising his freehand with a wave, Zeke was thrown back with an ear-splitting crack as his head collided with the wall.

I gasped as pain lacerated through my body, thick hot liquid poured freely down my stomach, staining my sweater in a bright red crimson. My vision blurred with tears, and I began to blink hard, attempting to keep my eyes on Zeke as he rose unsteadily to his feet. Noah and Evan laid crumpled and unconscious at his feet, chests rising unsteadily, coated with their own blood.

Zeke let out an agonized cry as he watched, his burst from his feet once more, an outstretched hand reaching for me, but it wasn't enough. It was too late, and in the next second, we were gone through my father's portal to Hell.

Zeke's grief-stricken face was the last thing I saw before everything went black.

──∞──

I hope you enjoyed this sneak peak into Book 2!
Please comment any predictions or thoughts you may have!

I'm excited to continue Celeste's story in her next chapter,
and I hope you are too!

Yours Truly, Em
xoxo

Unedited // 367 words