Chapter Twenty Six - Training - (Damon's POV)

Start from the beginning

I told myself I wasn't going there. That I really didn't want to deal with Skye and that drama. And Elijah has yet to meet his own mate. And it's not like he would be into me anyway. I just wanted a distraction. It's been too stressful lately and I can only take so much. I didn't want to start a relationship with Elijah I just needed a really close friend. But then again it's not like I've told him any of this. Avery said that we're basically eye fucking each other when I was talking to him the other day and I almost fell flat on my face because of how extremely blunt he had been. And then I realized that he was totally related to his sisters. But it wasn't like that. At least I don't think it is.

“Hmm...” I said and walked over to him. “Get back into your throwing position.” He sighed and got back into position. “Okay. Now stand up straighter and make sure your arm is traveling in a straight line were you want the knife to go. Try again.” I said. Elijah tried throwing again and it was significantly better. But he was still not in the correct position. I walked behind him and grabbed him by the waist.

He immediately jumped, “W-what are you doing?” He asked. His ears and cheeks turning red.

“Relax.” I said. I almost laughed at how much he yelled but as soon as I touched him in a way that could have double meaning his gets all nervous. I pulled his hips back towards mine forcing his back to straighten out against my chest and then I strongly gripped his throwing arm that had picked up another knife and positioned it in the right area.

“U-umm …”

“Now, just take your arm and bring it back here.” I drew his arm back before swinging it back to the front of his body, “And throw.” Elijah's hand let go of the knife and it landed the perfect head shot. And I didn't move from this spot even though the knife was long gone from Elijah's hand. I could perfectly hear his heart beat and his slightly uneven breathing. Our proximity was a bit unnerving and I needed to move right now. I needed to pull myself away from this situation. Not only had being mateless and rejected and busy with training things make me depressed but it allowed for substantial sexual tension to build up. So excuse me if I happen to be standing behind a really cute blushing guy and don't feel like just doing a little something to easy this fucking tension. And for a second I really thought about it.

Our eyes connected for a split second and knew right then that this wasn't one sided. And with that I pushed myself away from him. I let out an awkward cough type of thing and scratched the back of my neck.

“So you, um, you think you got it?” I asked him.

“Oh, I think he got it real good.”

Elijah and I jumped at the sound of Avery's voice coming from behind us.

“Fucking … oh my god. How long have you been standing there Avery?” I asked.

He just smirked and shrugged, “Not that long. Just you know, enough to see you guys mentally fuck each other.”

“Avery!” I yelled. I glanced at Elijah to find him not even looking at us anymore and just picking up all the knives he used. I picked up my stuff for my shower that I had sat down earlier and dragged Avery away with me. The camp was starting to become more lively as people started waking up. Avery just laughs at me and I scowl at him. “I thought you were suppose to be the nice one.”

“Nice? Yes. But that doesn't mean that I can't tease you guys a little.” He smiled and shoved his hands in his pockets as we walked towards the showers. “But look, if you like Elijah than just get with him. It's not like your mated or anything.”

“And there lies my problem. My mate bonding is all kinds of fucked up right now and I don't want to be in the way of Elijah finding his mate. Like really, the only thing that would happen is he would find his mate and leave. And I would accept that and move on. So why even try?”

Avery sighed and nodded. “I guess that's a bit awkward.” He laughed. I laughed with him and we went about our day like every other. We ran then did some combat training. After that we went to the field and turned before doing some sparring. My senses heightened as I went up against Avery and scratched him up more than usual for that little stunt he pulled earlier. I briefly saw Hunter and dad. I waved to them and then continued with my day. Me and Elijah keep having extremely awkward eye contact. But finally it was time for dinner.

 We all gathered at the campfire and passed around plates and food and ate. I sat with Avery and Elijah. Although, Elijah didn't say much seeing as Skye was talking to him. Well he was more like interrogating him on what he's been doing. Thankfully, he didn't mention anything about his extra training this morning. We didn't see Hunter or Alex until later and everyone clapped and cheered for them as dad announced their amazing progression over the pass three weeks. And for once, things were looking alright. Maybe we would be prepared for this.

A/N: Yeah... I don't have anything to really say about this chapter. QUESTIONS: How do you feel about Damon practically being mateless since he can't be with Alex? How do you feel about Elijah?Do you think Elijah and Damon will get together? Would you even care if they got together? Um, so yeah. There are your questions. This was a chapter. I hope you enjoyed awkward Damon~ Until next time my lovelies! Picture is of Elijah (Played by Alexander Ferrario).