Chapter Seventeen - Last Sunset - (Damon's POV)

Last Sunset
*~Damon's POV~*

I followed Josh, Owen and Dan back to their base camp. It was only the three of them, so it should be easy. I didn't plan on actually killing Josh the next time I saw him but now I really have no problem with doing so. I was just so fucking tired of him always being a smart ass and just fucking with me and Alex. I don't fucking understand what his problem is. Well actually, I do know. I just don't like to think about it.

But I still don't understand why he had to bring it up now. I didn't want to think about it. Or even think about how Josh was fucking with my mind so hard right now I couldn't even concentrate on coming up with a good enough description of how I was going to kill him. I shook my head of the thoughts that started to cloud my head and paid attention to what Josh was talking to Owen and Dan about.

"Josh, you know what's gonna happen if they kill you right?" Dan said.

Josh glared at him, "Yes I do. Why the fuck do you think I'm doing this? Curse gave me a specific time to start this and my part may be little but it starts everything. This whole shit storm that Hunter, Damon, and Alex are about to be in starts with me."

"Okay, but I still don't understand how Curse talked to you." Owen said.

"You guys are such fucking morons! I was born before Hunter so he was in my head first. He planted my job in my head and then went off to find little baby Hunter!" Josh growled out at them.

"Oh."

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to prepare myself to die." Josh said storming away.

I was so confused. Who's Curse? Was he someone like Fate? And when he said that he was in his head before Hunter... My brain finally seemed to register what was happening. The war. The War Fate told me about. Killing Josh would start the war. But how? And why? Why would Josh be the key to the war?

I looked back towards Josh's little 'back up'. They would be easy enough to take out. Owen and Dan weren't really strong, more like stand by - last resort back up. I picked up a rock and threw it a little bit behind me.

They turned their head. "What was that?"

"I don't know, go check it out." Owen said.

Dan huffed but stood up, "Why do I have to go?"

"Because you're the weakest and Josh actually likes me so if you die it wouldn't really matter much. I could just get Josh and leave." Owen said.

"Oh really? Why the fuck would Josh even care about you?" Dan almost screamed.

"I think you know why." Owen glared, "Or should I remind you that your the one who's a homophobic homosexual and freaked out when you saw me and Josh together."

Dan leaned back down to be face to face with Owen, "Oh please, I'm not gay. And look, I may be homophobic but I think you and I both know that the only reason Josh is even considering fucking you is because he's trying to get over Damon." Owen growled at him and fist his hand in the front of his shirt before pulling him down and into a harsh kiss. "Fuck you." Dan breathed as they parted from the kiss.

Owen smirked, "I think you should stop trying to cover yourself up, Dan. You know that Josh wouldn't do anything."

Dan shoved Owen away from him. "It was a mistake Owen. It happened once and that's all over now, okay?" Owen bit his lip.

"Okay."

I snapped a twig and once again they both looked over. Dan looked back over at Owen and glared at him before stalking over towards my hiding spot. As soon as he got close enough I grabbed him, hitting his head down against a tree.