Face Time

With in a few days the group is down in Clearwater Florida, a town we haven't been to in years. Somehow, it is almost poetic. Dariela and I have planned everything, what hotel we are staying at, when the conferences are going to take place, what they are and aren't allowed to ask, and when we will be doing our 'presentation,' both as a group and individual. It's almost like a comic convention for the people who saved the world. I really hope they don't think this is going to be a regular thing.

Jackson had gone out for a run while I was watching Logan and figuring out what I want to say about our time in Portland and our time away from our family. Honestly, every time I start I get frustrated and upset about how Jackson and I risked our lives to save the world and then were forced to go on the run when the Shepherds and Robert sterilized all of mankind. 

As I continue to run through my thoughts I hear my phone go off and it's Jackson calling me on face time. I answer and smile, "Hey."

"Hey, baby. How's the speech going?"

"Oh, you know, fantastic."

"I sense some sarcasm,"

"Ah.. you know me all too well."

"It's a result of being madly in love with you for fifteen years."

"How is the weather out there?"

"Oh, so much warmer than back home."

"Yeah, I saw that it was in the 70s today. Back home it's below freezing."

"What do you say we get a vacation home, huh? Spend the winters down here and the summers in Michigan."

"Yeah, but that will mess with Logan's schooling when he starts."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Jackson chuckles. "So what's going on with your speech?"

"I can't get past the public forcing us to go on the run." I shake my head, "We saved the world hundreds of times and they repay us by forcing us to go into hiding for ten years and..."

"Hey, trust me I get it. Most of my speech is about how my father was the main person behind everything. Just focus on the facts and if you need to through a little bit at the end of your speech, do it, but make sure that they know what you did, what we did for the whole world."

I shake my head and chuckle, "Why are you always so positive."

"Like Jamie said, when one of us is down the other is positive enough of the both of us, it's how it works."

"I feel like you've been doing that a lot lately."

"Hey, you did it for me for more than eleven years. I can do it for you for a couple weeks."