Chapter Twenty Seven: Stay The Night

Harry's POV

.

.

The day was only half over, and it was already going way too slow. I was tired and just really, really wanted to curl up in my bed and sleep for ten years. But no, learning useless crap in school was way more important apparently. Third period ticked by, then fourth, then fifth, until it was finally lunch.

Grabbing my bag, I quickly left the classroom to get to the library as fast as possible. I wanted to see Louis; only having one class with him wasn't enough. When I opened the door and walked to the back, where the four of us eat lunch, I was greeted by an unexpected guest.

"Hey, Harry," started Niall, a little uneasy, "I told Zayn that he could sit with us."

I looked over at Zayn, who was seated next to Niall around the square table. He wasn't looking at me. I glared at Louis, expecting an explanation as to why Zayn, Zayn mother flipping Malik, the man who made my life hell for years, was willingly invited to our table.

Louis stood, and gently nudged me behind a book shelf, away from anyone who could listen in.

"Okay, listen-" he began, but I cut him off.

"Zayn? Really? Why would he even want to sit with us?" I whisper-yelled. Louis sighed.

"I think he's changed," muttered Louis, folding his arms over his chest.

"This is Zayn, Louis. I don't care about what happened in the bathroom, he's still Zayn. He's a homophobic douchebag, and if you forgot, you happen to be gay, so is Niall, and I'm... well, I don't know, but you get my point," I ranted, my face flushed with anger.

"Harry, I think he's changed, alright? He and Niall have gotten really close, and he's warming up to things. Just give him another chance, please?"

I rolled my eyes, thinking it through. I hated Zayn, there's no way. But just one more chance, just one? I could handle that. Maybe.

"Fine," I finally gave in, and Louis smiled, taking my hands in his and swinging them from side to side.

"Good." Louis pecked my lips. I kissed him back three more times.

We walked back to the table, where all three of them were talking among each other. Louis sat in his usual seat, and I sat in mine. As I pulled out my chair, four times, I was worried Zayn would say something. I thought he might cave into his old habits and call me a freak, or worse. But he stayed silent.

One more chance.

.

*

.

It was late when I finally got to Louis's house. He invited me over to study, but I had to clean my bathroom, which took 2 hours. My hands were sore from scrubbing the wall, but I just couldn't stop. I kept thinking about Zayn, and how he could be planning out how to sabotage everything from the inside out, now that everyone else in our gang welcomed him in without a second thought.

The sky was dark, and the air was cold. He was waiting for me up in his room. When I opened his door, I saw him at his desk, working on homework. He turned around, and when he saw it was me, he smiled.

"Hi!" he said, standing up and greeting me with a light kiss, then three more. He took my school bag, setting it on his bed and going back to his chair. I sat down on the edge of his bed.

"Okay, what's on your mind?" Louis said, swiveling his chair around. I hadn't said anything, but I really wasn't planning on it.

"Nothing, just tired," I lied, playing with the hem of my shirt. Louis's face told me he didn't buy it, but he stayed quiet. I took out my homework, and started working on it quietly, while Louis continued to stare at me. He moved from his chair, and I could feel the bed dip down when he sat next to me. I finally looked at him.