Chapter Twenty Three: Back To School

{Harry's POV}

(satan possessed this chapter and turned all the " and ' to “I’, SO SORRY)

My hands were trembling as I opened the door to school. It had been 2 weeks since I left. I didn't want anyone to see me, so I purposely made sure I'd be late. The halls were empty and cold, and the light was low. Something about the school seemed dark, eerie. I took a shaky step forward, making sure to evenly pace my steps across the black and white tile.

Even as I walked past the classrooms, it was silent. I peeked into one of the rooms, to find it empty. Chills ran down my spine. It was completely empty. Something inside my head told me to run, so I did. The only sound was my feet hitting the tile with a loud smack.

When I got to my classroom, I swung the door open without looking behind me. Students sat in desks, but they had no emotions on their faces. They all looked forward, completely still. In the back, next to my desk, was Louis. He wore the same expression as the rest. I ran over to him, frantic to reach him. His eyes were cold and empty. I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I tried to reach out to shake him, to wake him up from this emotionless daze, but my hands went straight through him, like a ghost.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned to see Zayn, grinning his ugly teeth at me.

"You okay, freak?" his voice echoed and rung in my ears. He was the only person who didn't look like a living statue. I gulped. A sudden, sharp pain struck my side. I yelped and collapsed on the tiled floor, pressing a hand to my side. A knife stuck out of my gut, covering my hand in blood.

I tried to cry for help, but nothing came out. I heard a stifled laugh, and looked up to see Louis. He was pointing at me, laughing at my misery. "Freak!" I heard him say. More laughter joined in, and the students surrounded me, all of them pointing and mumbling insults, making me feel useless as I bled on the floor, completely useless.

I awoke with a start, taking a moment to catch my breath. Light was starting to fill my room, and my clock read that it was 6 AM. For the past week, I've had a nightmare about going back to school. But today was the day I actually was going back. After a moment of lying there, I decided to get up. I flipped on my bed side lamp, four times, which made my room significantly brighter. Boxes lined the walls, stacked high in even piles. My stepdad and I, since he now had full custody over me, needed to move. It was a small apartment, with only two bedrooms, but I didn't care. I was almost seventeen, and by eighteen I could move out. Leave this life behind.

After a shower, I texted Louis.

"Hey, what time will you be here?"

Louis insisted he would be taking me school, just so I would be safe. I didnât argue with him, I had been on edge about school for too long. Louis texted back no more than a second later.

"20 min"

I smiled, tossing my damp hair to the left. I really liked Louis.

.

.

.

"Have you visited her yet?" Louis asked me as he drove us to school.

"No," I said, referring to my mother. She was sent to a mental felicity for her mental disorder, and the chances of her being released in the next year were slim.

"Oh," said Louis. He turned up the radio, which hummed a popular song that I didn't care to learn the name of. He sang along under breath. He had a beautiful voice.