EPILOGUE

( The picture attached to this was made by @MyselfMeAndi :) she's a total sweet heart )

Louis's POV

It took time. Hell, it took a lot of time, but eventually, Harry got better.

Even through college, Harry was still hurting. He was still in pain. But I stayed by his side. We weren't always perfect. We broke up more times than I'd like to admit, always for stupid reasons, but we always found each other again.

And Harry stayed by me as well. He stayed by me when I got fired from my first job. He stayed by me when I crashed my car into a tree in my second year at University. He stayed by me when my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer, and he stayed by me when he passed a year later. He was always there.

When we graduated University, Harry got a small job at a book store while he worked on his novel himself, and I got my dream job as a high school theater teacher. Everything was perfect. We moved into a larger apartment away from the city to accumulate our work. Years and years had passed but nothing changed. Harry's scars eventually faded. His OCD was still bad, but it was manageable. Our lives were wonderful.

He was the one to finally propose.

It was only 2 weeks after we graduated Uni. He woke me up at 8 am, telling me to get dressed because we're "going on an adventure." Confused and tired, I did as he said. We loaded into his car, and he started to drive.

"Where are we going?" I asked for the tenth time, yawning and resting my head against the window.

"You'll find out soon, stop being impatient," Harry responded, smiling at me and taking my hand as I stared out of the car window at the scenery we passed.

The car ride wasn't that long. We arrived at our destination in only 2 hours, and I instantly knew where we were. "Haz, why are we home?" I mumbled, turning down the soft music that was playing. He didn't answer, but he had a smile spread across his face that could light up the room. We were in our hometown, where we met. Where we fell in love. I looked around, seeing old buildings and stores that were all too familiar. I hadn't been home since Christmas, which was months and months ago. And even then, all I did was see my family.

He pulled into a cute restaurant, and we got out. Harry was wearing a white T-shirt that showed off his arms, and his hair was in a messy bun. He wasn't the fragile, closed off 16 year old that I'd met 5 years ago. He was a 21 year old with a radiant personality who loved life, and he was mine.

He pulled the door open for me, and closed it (3 times), like the gentleman he was. We were led to a small table by a window in the back. Harry ordered us breakfast, and I could definitely tell that this whole thing was thoroughly planned out.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" I asked as our food was placed on the table (not a minute after we ordered... this was very much planned).

"Nope," he said, smiling like an idiot at how confused I looked.

We chatted about random stuff as we ate. Harry talked about an interview he had for a job, I talked about how long it had been I'd eaten at this restaurant. I talked about how my dad had taken me here when I was younger, and he took my hand, squeezing it. Harry knew how it felt to lose someone.

After we finished, Harry took me all around the town. We went to bookstores, we saw a movie, and we visited my family. My mum wasn't the least surprised when we showed up at her doorstep. She kissed Harry on the cheek and let us inside. All the girls were there too, happily smiling at us and hugging us. Harry had gotten better about people touching him over the years, and he accepted the hugs graciously.

Harry still wouldn't tell me what was happening. He wouldn't tell me why we were here, and I eventually just gave up and spent time with my family and loving boyfriend. We had dinner together, and Mum made a toast saying "To my incredible family," than glancing at Harry.

It was getting late when Harry asked me to take a walk with him. We walked hand in hand to a coffee shop. Not just any coffee shop, Brewhouse Coffee. The coffee shop we went to that night 5 years ago. The one we talked in until it was early morning.

He ordered us two coffees and we sat down at a table in the center of the shop. The same damn table. I couldn't help but smile at him from across the table. I loved this man with all my heart.

We took our coffee with us as he led us somewhere else. We joked about how the coffee tasted better when we were teenagers, and how small everything seemed now. The sky was dark and filled with stars. I began to recognize the area around me as we walked.

"We're going to the park, aren't we?"

Harry stopped walking and pulled me to him, kissing me softly.

"I love you," he said. He took my hand again, and we walked closer to The Park, our park.

Harry stopped again when we were by the bench we used to sit on. He turned me towards him, and took both my hands, kissing them lightly.

"I love you so much, Louis. I always want to be with you. You've helped me so much. You've made my life so, so much better. So," Harry started, before dropping down to one knee and taking a small box out of his jacket pocket. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes, yes you idiot, of course," I had said, tears forming in my eyes. He stood back up and connected our lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck, standing on my tippy toes to reach him.

*

I loved waking up to Harry's face in the morning. I loved our midnight talks, our weekend movie nights. I loved him. After we were married, our lives really started.

"I can't believe this," Harry said one night while we laid in bed. His head was rested on my bare chest while I played with his long curls. He was staring up at the ceiling, deep in thought.

"Hm?" I hummed, half asleep.

"Us. Where we are. 12 years ago, you were just some flawless boy who decided to sit next to my desk. Now you're my everything," Harry whispered, taking my hand in his.

"Funny how the world works like that sometimes. Right place at the right time."

His train of thought was lost when our bedroom door creaked open.

"Daddy?" Conchobar walked over to me, and I picked up the 4 year old, placing him on our bed.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked him, brushing a piece of dark hair out of his face.

"I can't sleep," he mumbled, hugging the stuffed animal he brought with him.

"Would you like to sleep in our bed tonight?" Harry asked. He nodded and tucked himself in between us, cuddling up with Harry and sticking his thumb in his mouth. I kissed his head softly, smiling down at our son.

"I love you too Louis William Tomlinson, and I always will." Harry whispered once Conchobar was finally asleep.

"I love you too, dork. Always."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

THE END.

A/N

(if you're wondering why i changed "darcy" to "conchabar" it's because my life is a meme and ya'll were complaining)

That's it. It's over. 2 years later, and this is it.

There's a lot I'd like to say to you guys, but overall, thank you. Thank you for supporting this story. Thank you for following this story that I wrote thinking no one would ever read. Thanks for being amazing and making me smile every day.

I can't believe this, really. Writing this has become such a routine, now that it's gone, it's going to feel so weird.

Thank you. I love you guys.

-LarryStylinSup