Chapter Two: The Library

[Harry's POV]

.

.

The day continued on. Nothing much had really happened, just class after class of boring subjects. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get that boys slight smile out of my mind. Nothing I did could.

Lunch was up next. Not that I would even eat, I never could. Eating the disgusting greasy lunch food in front of all those people? No. Not even possible. I could barely eat food around my family without feeling self-conscious, so skipping lunch was quite normal. I usually just read in the library. Everything there was neat and organized. It was perfect. Not to mention, it was quiet.

*

I made my way down the white halls, my book tight in my arms.

When I entered the library, Mrs. Castell, the librarian, smiled warmly at me. She was nice, and recommended books for me every so often. I sat towards the back, by a small window, and laid my book on the table, opening to the marked page.

I had only been reading for a minute or so when I heard the chair in front of me pull out from across the table. I lifted my head, startled, and I felt my eyes grow big. It was him, the boy, the mysterious yet perfect boy.

Why was he here?

He sat down in the chair, book in hand, and yet again, smiled at me.

I just continued staring. Why would he purposely sit here?

"Hi," he said to me, breaking the silence. I didn't respond. It must have been some dare Zayn put him up to.

The boy cleared his throat awkwardly. "I, uh, never got to apologize. Those guys who laughede at you because of your stutter was just wrong." he said, looking genuinely sorry.

Wait, did he think they were laughing at me because I stutter sometimes? I can't let him think I actually have a stutter, because I don't really. It's only when I'm around people like Zayn, or if I'm nervous.

"I don't have a stutter." I finally said, quietly, defending myself.

He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Well, I mean, only when I'm na-nervous, or if Za-Zayn's around," I clarified, cursing myself silently for stuttering again.

That ruined my point.

He just gave me a smile. "Are you nervous right now?" he asked. I nodded slightly. He made me nervous, a boy I didn't even know.

"Don't be," he responded with a cheeky grin plastered on his face.

I felt myself blushing when he said that, which doesn't happen often.

"I almost forgot," he suddenly said, "my name is Louis." the boy in the striped shirt said.

Louis. I finally know his name.

But then, against my luck, he stuck out my hand for me to shake. I instantly put my hands in my lap.

"M'sorry, but... I-I can't." I whispered, lamely. He just nodded and pulled his hand back, not even questioning it.

"S'alright." the boy, or Louis, said. I bit my lip nervously.

"It's just... germs." I spoke shyly. He just nodded and smiled.

"I understand." he continued. "I'm not too keen on spiders." he added quickly, still smiling. I couldn't help the smile that curled onto my face. That was pretty funny.

We didn't say anything else for a while. We both just sat opposite each other, Reading our books silently. All of the sudden, a thought popped in my head. Shouldn't he be eating lunch? I cleared my throat and he looked up at me.

"Don't you, like, eat lunch?" I asked Louis, twiddling my thumbs. He set his book down and looked at me.

"Well, it's my first day, and I don't really know anyone. I figured the library was the least awkward place I could go." he responded, shrugging.

"Well you do realize I'm in here, and I'm pretty damn awkward." I responded, chuckling slightly. That was weird. Nothing like that had ever come out of my mouth. I said it with such confidence... and it was kind of funny.

I looked up at Louis, who blinked at me a few times, before bursting into a fit of laughter. I laughed along with him, still surprised at myself.

"I didn't know you had that in you... uh... sorry, I never got your name," he said, becoming curious at the end.

"Harry." I said straight away. "My name is Harry." I responded, quieter than I was before. "And I didn't know I had that in me either." I finished, smiling.

"Well, Harry, you're very funny," he said, smiling with me.

I was slightly taken back by that comment. No one had ever called me funny, ever. All I could do was smile and mutter a small "Thanks" to him.

The bell rang loudly in the large room. I frowned a little, wanting to spend more time with the flawless boy. We both stood, but me being me, I had to push in my chair... three times. I always do certain tasks multiple times. Louis watched me carefully, but didn't say anything as we walked out the library.

We were walking down the nearly empty corridors, me being extra careful not to bump into anyone, when Louis spoke.

"You don't look like you're 18 or 19... how old are you?" he asked me.

I had gotten that question before. The answer is, I'm just smart. Not that I in anyway brag about it. I skipped a few years, and so I'm 16, turning 17 in 3 months. Louis, I'm guessing, is 18. It would make sense.

"I skipped a few years. I'm 17 in a few months." I responded, staring at the ground.

"Really?" he asked, surprised.

"Yeah." I murmured, still looking at the ground.

"That's cool," he said simply, "I'm turning 19 in a few months," he finished.

Louis turned to the classroom he must be going to, but stopped to look at me. "This is my class. Bye, Harry. It was nice talking to you." he spoke, smiling.

"Likewise." I responded.

I then parted ways to go to my next class.

He said it was nice talking to me. The random boy I've known for about 3 hours. The perfect, smart, sweet boy liked talking to me.

My heart fluttered a little at the sound of that.

He actually could stand me and my weird behavior. That was definitely something different.

.

.

A/N

I said I'd update soon! Any who please comment if you liked it so I'll write more! Lots of love