Chapter Thirteen: Problems Arise

Louis' POV

.

.

2 weeks. It had been two weeks since I'd talked to harry.

I missed him, I really fucking missed him.

And it was my entire fault. I lost Harry because I was being selfish. Because I was scared that if I kept up my looks and who I became friends with that Zayn would start to pick on me. I gave up Harry, an absolutely stunning and amazing friend, for my own selfish reasons.

Did I just call Harry stunning?

You have a boyfriend, Louis; you can't call your friend ... Or X-friend stunning.

Harry and I had been completely ignoring each other. We hadn't spared each other the faintest glance or said any words to one another.

Not since Harry sent that text.

The text that he sent because of me.

But did I really do anything that harsh?

Yes I slapped his hand away and yes I ignored him completely for a day and yes I started being friends with the jocks that make his life hell, but does that mean I deserve to be completely kicked out of his life?

I had to mentally slap myself because if I hadn't kicked him out first, he wouldn't have dropped my ass either.

I walked into the all too familiar first period maths class, AKA the only class I had with Harry. For the past two weeks I had been sitting next to Zayn instead of Harry, which definitely hurt his feelings. When Harry wasn't looking I would send him a glance, and he always looked hurt. He looked broken and I knew it was me who made him like that.

Mr. Baker began the lesson as I sat down, and I immediately started to drift into my own world of fantasy. Maths wasn't exactly my best subject, and I really didn't feel like paying attention.

I was still getting used to this whole 'new look' thing. The black converse and dark skinnies just didn't feel right. The red and black vans T-shirt was probably the most unlike me, not counting the stiff quiff that sat above my head.

Without really noticing, I started to doodle on my arm in black marker. I scribbled a few words and phrases from my favorite songs and movies. On my left arm I began to draw a little football but messed up. Licking my finger a bit, I washed off the 'football' the best I could and over it wrote a big 'Oops!' adding two underlines.

A loud clapping noise interrupted me. I glanced up to see Mr. Banks glaring.

"Mr. Tomlinson, if you care to join us, we were just discussing our partners' project," I gulped, his stare making me want to curl into myself, "since you didn't realize we were allowed to pick our partners, it looks like you're stuck with Styles."

My heart drooped to the floor. I wanted to look behind me to see Harry's reaction, but I couldn't let myself. How could we possibly work together? Mr. Banks would never let us switch partners, so I was basically stuck with Harry. The Harry I used to call my best friend. This was going to suck.

Harry's POV

This was really shitty. I couldn't even look at Louis, let alone work with him. Even if I was being over dramatic about this all, Louis was the one who decided to abandon me. This was his fault.

At least I thought it was.

By the end of the period, Louis and I had ignored each other like we always did. I could probably just do the dumb project by myself and not involve Louis at all. He'd prefer that, I bet. He's too busy with Zayn to care about grades anyway. He's too busy with Zayn to even care about me.