Arc 1- Chapter 4 "History"

Amy: Are you ready to learn how to cast a spell?

Arthur: Of course.

Amy: There are two ways how to cast a spell, one with a chant and one without a chant.

Arthur: Of course, casting a spell with a chant requires more time. But it also makes your spells stronger. While casting without a chant is faster but it's weaker than a spell with a chant. Well, that would depend on the user.

Arthur: Well what do you recommend.

Amy: Recommend? You got it wrong your highness, casting a spell without a chant is only used by people who mastered the arts of magic. In other words, it's impossible for people who just started to use it.

Arthur: Then with a chant it is. Are we going to use a wand or staff?

Amy: Well that would depend on what's your fighting style.

Arthur: Well which is better?

Amy: Well most people use a wand because it makes them more agile, and a wand is easy to use because of its small structure. While the staff is used by mages who cast higher levels of magic. And because of the big structure of the staff, it could help mages to channel their mana inside the staff.

Arthur: How about you, what do you use?

Amy: Me?

Arthur: Yes, I've heard that you were once a hero that was summoned here in this world?

Amy: Well you're right, I am from a place where magic doesn't exist. A place where things are way more advanced than in this world.

Arthur: What's the name of it?

Amy: Well it was called earth, and I'm from China, it's similar to a kingdom.

She doesn't even look like a Chinese person.

Arthur: But you don't l- Uhm.

Amy: Hmm?

Arthur: Uh, but you look similar to us even though you came from another world.

Amy: Well that's to be expected since the earth has only one race which is humanity.

Arthur: Did you come here with your family?

Amy: Well not family, we were chosen randomly. Although we were all in the same school, nine of us were summoned here. All we know was that this isn't earth.

Arthur: Just like how they say it in the fairy tales, say where are your friends now?

Amy: Two of them got married, and the other three are still active in adventuring. While the other four are still unknown to me, we lost connection after winning the war.

Arthur: Well wouldn't that mean they're dead or gone?

Amy: Not really, I'm the only one who hasn't asked where are they now. Well, the other reason was I wasn't a part of the people who participated in the war. Although I may be a hero in the title I didn't participate in the fighting. There were two swordsmen and one swordswoman, two mages, and one priest. And the other there were minor classes, which is blacksmith, maid, and alchemist.

Arthur: Well what class was yours?

Amy: I'm sorry to disappoint you, but my class is Maid. Nothing more nothing less, although I did study magic and learned swordsmanship I wasn't as skilled as the others. So I was hired by your royal family, your highness.

Arthur: Then what abo-

Amy: Let's stop here, we should start learning about casting spells.

Arthur: Okay.