1: The Man With A Cold Soul

Chapter One: The Man With A Cold Soul

One piece of hardcore evidence is hard to prove, especially when the criminal mastermind can manipulate anything he touches. He's known by the name untouchable. Which means nothing can touch him or penalize him. Not even his men. He's the boss. He has one agenda and one only. He's in control. His wife can't do a thing to stop him. If she does cross him, she'll have consequences. She must obey or she'll seek higher punishment.

Who's this man you say, well interesting question. He's the most powerful man known to mind. He goes by the well-known name, Hiram Lodge. And this man shouldn't be crossed. If been crossed there will be strict and harsh consequences.

He's dangerous and has many enemies. Well of course he does. He don't like conflict, that's a lie. A flat ass lie if I say. For one he's not easy going. His punishments are brutal and again may I add. Never cross him, unless well if you have a death wish. He gifts his family like a royal posssion, of course he can't have his family strolling around down in delinquent kind of scum that beggars wear. Lord that's pagan and he won't allow any of that. Nor will he tolerate that kind. He's rich, wealthy and he sure won't let that lie on his family's shoulders, no soey.

Now for the copo wife. Her story is much more less what do you say complex. Unlike her husband, Hermione Lodge grew up with a unlucky lifestyle or filthy style her husband would say. 'My wife won't associate with that filth' she had to succumbed to his rules and his only. She knew what she was getting into. But unaware how her life would soon be his to control. Hermione acted like she could handle herself. She moved away from her hometown, friends and a once love. She had their daughter, her joy and sometimes a little rich brat. She wouldn't trade anything for Veronica Cecelia Lodge. Her Mjia ruled her heart. Not even her husband, Hiram could rule that from her.

Her daughter respected her like no one ever had. Hermione didn't get respect from her own husband. But there's more to the story. More than the mansion walls will allow to leave their quarters. And respect to the king of the mansion was obeyed or else. And trust me you don't ever disrespect the king of the mansion. You'll live to regret it, and again trust me on this. Stay aware and obey his laws.

In the quiet kitchen, Hermione sipped her mimosa in her left hand, looking achingly at the morning paper. Today her husband will be home. She hated when he was home. Don't get her wrong, she hated her reasons. Very righteous given reasons.

She heard a door creak open. "Mom, is he back yet?" The voice of Veronica whispers as she emerges from behind the white door.

Hermione's eyes shifted toward the white door and found her daughter's trembling lip. A shiver rolled down her spine as she took a quick guard glance at her daughter. It was costly, and she knew she couldn't afford to let her shield fray.

"Mjia, yes. Your father is coming from prison." The room filled with necessary fear. All she wanted to do was comfort her daughter. But she had to stay obedient to her customs.

Veronica's lip quivered, before she shook the scared look off her face and place the facade on again. "Okay." She mumbled softly. Then she presses her lips together for a smile to appear. "I'll get his stuff all ready." She stated before she walked off.

After her daughter disappeared, Hermione continued sipping at her glass and occasially getting refills from Smithers, their butler and her husband's chauffeur. Mostly Smithers feared the man. She couldn't blame the guy. Nobody crossed his path on a free pass. They're always consequences.

"Another glass, Ms. Lodge?" Her eyes shifted again. Smither stood by her, smiling like he usual. He loved being kindness to her and Veronica. He hated seeing the pain they witness and as a friend, he despises his boss. Only willingly obeys for a couple reasons.