Chapter 13: "Welcome aboard, baby."

A/N: I was worried I wasn't going to get one up today after work, but here we areeeee! This one is in Gerald's POV!

***Gerald's POV***

We have about a week and a half before we leave for the Endless Summer Tour, and I want to bring Rachel along to the final rehearsals so she can see how it all comes together, and so she can plan out how she wants to do her Instagram lives.

"I can't wait for you to see the stage, baby, it's gonna be amazing," I smiled as we walked into the empty arena. It was dark, and there was nobody else around except my touring crew.

"I can't wait to see it," she smiled tiredly as she squeezed my hand. She looked so fucking sexy in my sweatshirt and her yoga pants, I just wanted to bend her over my knee and spank that ass.

Blizzy ran towards us, stopping in front of me and giving me a handshake. I hugged him with a chuckle and pulled away.

"It's good to see you again, bro, I'm excited to have you back on the road," I said with a grin. "This is my girl, Rachel, as you know."

"Yeah, I know," Blizzy smiled as he turned to look at her. They shook hands and she said it was nice to meet him. "I'm amazed that ya'll are still together."

Rachel played with the strap of her backpack as we walked to the center of the arena floor where a table was set up.

"And I'm amazed you don't mind your own business," she muttered under her breath. Luckily, nobody else heard her except for me.

I walked over to the table and sat down next to my manager, he looked pretty annoyed.

"You gotta finish narrowing down the setlist, Gerald. We can't run 30 songs. We'll be running into fines with the cities if we go too long," he said.

Rachel sat down next to me, taking a look at the mess of the scribbles on the sheet of paper. I had crossed out songs, re-added them, moved some around. It was a mess.

"What do you think, Rach?" I asked as I put my hand on her thigh.

"You're not gonna like what I have to say," she said as she looked at the paper. "You're gonna have to take your audience into consideration. "There are going to be fans that only know your hit songs like Me, Myself & I and Him & I, there's going to be people who know When It's Dark Out, and there's going to be people who only know These Things Happen," she paused, looking at me. "I know this is only your second touring cycle in the U.S with the Beautiful & Damned, so you should play some of the songs you didn't play last time."

"Gerald, you've got a good girl," my manager said as he looked at Rachel. "Help him build the set. When you're done, we'll start on the rehearsal," he said as he got up and walked away.

I looked at Rachel with a grin as I leaned down and kissed her forehead, taking a drink of my water as Blizzy came to the table, sitting down.

"You're a genius," I laughed as I squeezed her thigh again.

"Not really, it's just basic analytics," she laughed as she looked at the messy sheet of paper, starting to rearrange some things. "I think you should close with 'Eazy' and encore 'Me, Myself & I,'" she said as she showed me the paper. "Put Him & I up about halfway down the set, right after 'Legend.'"

"You think I should put 'Eazy' back on my set?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side.

She nodded, leaning back in her chair and stuffing her hands in the pocket of the sweatshirt.

"Yeah," she said as she looked at me. "Going back through old setlists, it didn't get played very often, and new tours are a chance to play older songs."