Number Four [4]

The Wall [1979]

Some say that Roger popularized concept albums, others say he rebranded concept albums to what they are today.
But one thing is a known fact. Roger mastered concept albums. He took the definition of a 'concept album'  and flipped on top of its head.

The Wall tells us a story of a man named Pink, who grew up with his overprotective mother and without a father, who died in WWII.
The plot goes from Pink's birth, to his horrid childhood in school, and then to were Pink is a rockstar for his band. However due to his overprotective mother, his psychological abuse in school, and his adulterous wife, who cheated on him halfway into the story, Pink becomes destructive. Mentally and physically.
Those events and inconveniences in the story are called bricks. Things that build up his mental wall.

I would also like to say that the character Pink, is heavily based on Roger Waters himself.
During a show in Montreal, the crowd was acting impractical. Roger tried to calm them down, but there was no use. So Roger just spit on them. Roger had wished for there to be a Wall between him and the audience.

The story writing itself is extraordinary, and even the story behind is smashing, but it all came down to the sound and quality of the album. And it did not disappoint.
There is a big reason why The Wall is one of Pink Floyd's most successful albums, not just for writing, but for some of the fantastic songs on the Album.
The first and second solos on Comfortably Numb are some of the best solos you'll ever hear in your life. And the entire track of The Trial is a great piece in Rock opera history.

All and All [you just another Brick in the wall] I give the story of an insane rockstar that was heavily based off of everyone's favorite bassist, Roger waters, A Strong 10.