Chapter one

*Kandy's POV

"Are you sure?" My mother asked me giving me a frowned look.

"Yes I'm sure. We're still in a lot of dept and I want to help pay for some of it by looking for a job and job really."I replied.

"But you are only seventeen! You are suppose to be worrying bout college and studies not worrying bout all this dept!"

MOM! Please at least just after college and the weekends nothing much but just something to help."I said giving her pleading look to understand.

"Fine but not big of a job and if I see your grades slipping then you have to quit."

"DEAL! I will be back mom I"m going to go look for one right now."  I might have acted calmly with my mom with the job but I"M terrified what if the people don't like me or if they insult me.

To sum it all up for you, my mother and I were drowning in over due debts when my "father" if that what you wish to call him died and left us to pay all give gambling problem bills.

But the world surely don't miss him I could tell you that much also. He owns a lot of money to the I'm what you call "I'm only rich cause I sleep around and own all the gambling house in the city guy" called Jacob Perez.   Now it's either I work for him or find a job on my own and hell no I'm not working for him so plan b finding a job myself is my first option.

I walked to the supermarket looking around for a newspapers when I finally spotted it i went to the line to purchase it after walking out the store I took a scroll on the park to sit down while look at it.

Turning pages to pages finding a job for me was useless its like they want older people but hay come on I"m mature I mean hay look at me I"m looking for a job aren't I, now great I"m talking to myself. I finally spotted a job advertisement saying maid wanted 9am-10pm and it looks like the pays really good $400 per week thats a start right.  I dialed the number  1-800-343-*****.

"Good day Mrs. Miller speaking how may I help you?"

"UMM hi-uhh no good day i read the job opportunity in the news paper and i was wondering how do I apply?"

"Well hi you can give me your number and I will schedule you for an interview for you tomorrow at 10am if thats good with you?"

"Yes yes it is okay thank you Miss.-?

"Miss Taylor."

"OK thank you Miss Taylor i will send you the address to the office be on time good bye."

The best thing bout this job is that I'm on vacation from school and that this is going to be a good help to my mom.  I walked back home feeling my phone buzzed, taking it out my pocket I looked at it to see that I was texted the address of the office. 21# Oaks Street, New York. 

While walking home I texted my mother telling her that i'm on my way, I cant wait to go on the interview tomorrow this could be the start of something big  for us that we wont have to go in court. Arriving to my front door i greeted my mother with a kiss to her cheek and a hug smelling the delicious scent coming from the kitchen implying that she cooked a meal and my stomach was starving from the late afternoon job hunting, I got a plate took up some food and headed to my room wishing for the best tomorrow.