Lafayette x Reader(Kids~)

You followed your mother, looking around innocently as you saw the huge crowds of people passing by you two. You just got done shopping with your mom, knowing you were only around nine, you had to come along, because no one else was home. Your father was busy at work, and your older brother was off with his friends.

You smiled as you squeezed your mothers hand, looking around excitedly.  "Are we home yet?"

"No honey, but we're almost home, don't worry."

"Okay."

"Are we there now?"

Your mom rolled her eyes as she looked down, smiling at you. "Stay close (y/n), I don't want to lose you in these big crowds of people." You simply nodded, following your mom, when all of a sudden, you were knocked over by someone running by, accidentally letting go of your mothers hand.  Your eyes widened as you stood up, dusting yourself off, you looked around, not seeing your mother anywhere.

"M-Mommy!" You called, trying to push through the crowds of people.

Tears streamed down your face as you looked around, in a panic. You didn't know what to do.

Okay (y/n), just calm down, you'll find mommy, don't worry.. Q-Quit worrying! What'd mom and dad say when you lost them? J-Just stay in the same spot and mommy or daddy will come find you.

You nodded to yourself, staying still.

"Mommy?" You said in a calming tone.

"Psst!"

You heard a voice call out to you, and you turned to see a boy, slightly older than you, looking right into your eyes. He had brown curly hair, pulled back into a bun, with the cutest smile you've ever seen.  You blushed a bit, looking back at him, as you wiped your tears with your small hands. He signaled you to follow him, and you looked around, wondering if this was the best thing to do. Your parents always said to never follow strangers, but he looked like he was trying to help. Maybe just this once?..

You nodded to him and followed him slowly, he started running, making you a little nervous.

"H-Hey Wait! W-What are you-"

The boy disappeared, and you scanned your surroundings, wondering where the heck you were.

"(Y/n)!"

You didn't feel nervous anymore, as you felt your mother hug you tightly.

You smiled happily and hugged her back, crying into her chest as she picked you up.

____Timeskip____

You had gotten dressed for the play date you were going to have with someone your mother told you about, you hadn't seen the kid yet, but apparently your parents were best friends with his. Your mother wanted you to meet this boy, saying things about your future and stuff like that. You didn't quite understand but it was fine. You loved to meet new people, knowing your parents were rich, you met new people all the time, but it was mostly adults, never kids, you couldn't wait to meet this boy. You knew you were going to be best friends, no matter what.

You heard the front door open, and then your mother calling your name, you smiled, fixing your (f/c) dress and running to the door.

Knowing your eleven year old self, your nervousness kicked in, and you hid behind your mother, peeking at the man and boy. Your mother only giggled.

"Say Hi to him, (y/n), don't be rude."

You blushed deeply and nodded, waving at the small boy.

"H-Hi.."

He returned the welcome, kneeling down and gently kissing the back of your hand. He looked up to his dad and smiled, you blushed deeply, looking into his eyes, your eyes widened.

"Y-You?!" You gasped, then quickly covering your mouth. You apologized, making sure you wouldn't get yelled at for the bad manners, you smiled gently at him.

"I-I mean, M-My name is (y/n).."

"Je m'appelle Marquis De Lafayette."

Your mother was teaching you French, you only knew the basics, but you were getting to the hard stuff. You smiled.

"Do you mind if I call you Laffy?"

He smiled at you, "non."

"Well cmon Laffy! Let's play!" You quickly grabbed his hand and dragged him into outside through the back door.

"B-Be Careful you two!" Your mom smiled, looking back at Lafayette's father.

"Are we planning their wedding arrangements already?" She giggled as he nodded with a smile.

_________

You sat next to Lafayette in the grass, looking up at the clouds in the sky with a smile. Laffy followed you, looking up as well.

"Ooh! That one looks like you Laffy!" You giggled, pointing to a cloud, he smiled, looking back at you, into your eyes.

"I suppose it does, mon Ami." He chuckled. "That one next to it looks exactly like you." He points, and you follow his finger, smiling a bit.

"You don't remember me do you?" Laffy looks back at you, in a sad tone.

"Of course I do, it just took me a minute to realize it." You smirked at him. "Thank you.. You know.. For helping me that day, I wish there was a way to thank you." You blushed, looking back at him, you could see he wasn't paying attention.

"Hey, you okay?"

Laffy blushes deeply, pointing at the clouds. "T-That's one way to repay me." He smirks at you, you raise an eyebrow, looking up at the sky. Your face darkening a deep pink.

You could see a cloud in the shape of a heart in between the clouds shaped like you two.

You smiled a bit, scooting closer to him, you leaned over, kissing his cheek passionately.

"L-Like that?" You smiled.

"Yes, mon ami" He looked down at you.

"That day, I wasn't feeling very great, (y/n) you helped me with that, when I saw how helpless you were, it made me feel good that I could help you. Thank you so much for that.."

You smiled at Laffy.

"Thank you for helping me."