The Roof

Of all of the locations in the Avengers Facility, the roof was a favorite of many. The view of the sunset was amazing after a run through the forest trails. It was open and free, no walls or windows in the way. In the rain, it became a playground. Everyone from the god of thunder to Cassie Lang could enjoy the cool rain and puddles.

Today was no different. The roof was home to Sam Wilson that morning. He was in his favorite sweatshirt and shorts with beat up sneakers. He was sweaty from his run, and his wings were next to him, serving as a hard pillow and his access to the roof. 

He watched the sun rise in the east while he listened to the album Some Nights. It made him happy and calm.

His runs in Washington D.C. had been nice too. He got to see the nation's history as he ran. It was therapeutic and he even met Captain America! He never imagined he would be the Falcon, but if it weren't for that run in D.C. he would have never been the Falcon.

Today he hadn't pushed himself too hard. He chose to run just a mile as he was exhausted from a mission the day before. 

During the mission, he hadn't been injured, but Tony Stark had been. Tony had flown in front of debris headed for Sam. He hadn't been in the suit so he had gotten had gotten a deep cut on his arm. It wasn't anything too serious, but Peter and Pepper had lost their minds worrying over him as Bruce gave him stitches.

Sam felt a bit guilty, he could have probably been able to take the debris. He would have been fine, right?

He heard a sound behind him and he spun to see Iron Man landing behind him. The suit opened up and Tony stepped out.

"Mr. Wilson, Sam?" Tony called. Sam waved half heartedly as Tony approached. He noticed Tony had his arm bandaged and was wearing his signature Black Sabbath shirt.

"Tony," Sam said, half smiling "are you feeling okay?"

"Of course," Tony replied as he sat down next to Sam.

"Your arm?" 

"It's fine, I hope you weren't moping around up here feeling guilty all this time,"

"No, it's just... well... you didnt have to do that. You didn't have tour suit on,"

"I know,"

"But you did and you got hurt. I fought against you in Germany and you're still helping me,"

"Listen, it's just a scratch,"

"It's a gash. It happens in the army all the time, it sucks,"

"I'm not going to need a metal arm like Barnes,"

Sam was silent as Tony laughed a bit at his own joke.

"Thank you," Sam said, quietly.

"No problem," Tony said "I'd do it again for anyone in a heartbeat"

------

Sorry, this is kind of trash. I was feeling a bit sentimental today. Hope you semi enjoyed it! It's low key short so this is a nice quick read, I guess

Solo