Chapter 19

I had mail

   I had mail. A letter in the mail from the courthouse. They set a trial date for Toby. My hands shake as I rip open the summand letter. The letter stated that I was to appear in the courts. I had a lawyer thanks to Michael. We all had one.

Even the other women who had been attacked. My lawyer needed me to sign this paper work stating that I was going to be appearing in court against Toby. I knew it was going to be soon. I was not sure how soon. Now I knew. In a week. Right before we would be ready to head off to go on Michael's new tour.

I feel a hand on my shoulder causing me to jump. "Sorry to scare you baby. What is that?" Michael asks me. He peers over my shoulder to read the letter. He takes it from my hands.

"Wow the trial is coming up" he says softly. "Are you up for it?" he wonders.

I nod. "I am. I want that ass to go away for life" I bitterly remark.

"I am here for you. Every step of the way. I will be at your side. Holding your hand while we both go through this together" he promises me then kisses me on the forehead.

I hand him a letter. He had one from the court house too. "You got one to" I sigh.

Michael's said all the same information as mine did. He takes me by the hand then leads me into his office. We get pens out. Sign our names on the dotted line then place them in the envelopes' to be mailed off. There we did it. We would be at the trial. Kendall comes in the office. She holds a paper in her hands.

"Did you all get one of these? For the trial date?" she asks us.

"We got ours. We just signed them" Michael informs her.

"How are you holding up doll?" Kendall asks me. "can you do this?" she asks me.

She smiles with sympathy. I nod. "I can do this. I want to lock him up for life"

"That's is my girl" chimes in Kendall.

"I never been to a trail before. Will need to go over anything before the court date?" I wonder. "What should I wear? Black seems fitting" I mutter.

Kendall is suddenly on her phone. She had a call. She turns on the tv there in the office. "Watch this now!" she orders us.

♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡

The Michael Jackson trail was on tv. Now Toby was being interviewed by 20/20 that night. He claimed that he had been abused most his life. He was a victim of the system. And that he should be pardoned for his crimes. That he did not mean to do what he said. Listing to his lies made my skin crawl. I shake my head as anger for him burns in me.

"Is there anything you would like to say to Michael and your victims while you have the chance before the trial?" John Tesh is questioning Toby.