Chapter 2

I woke the next day there on the couch

I woke the next day there on the couch. Michael and I had watched movies all night. I had ended up snuggling in his warm embrace from behind me. Our fingers were laced together.

I feel his warm breath on the nap of my neck causing me to feel a patch of goosebumps to rise on my neck. I shiver with delight being there in his arms. I close my eyes back tight. Enjoy the moment we had together. It meant nothing really.

We snuggled off and on all the time. Like that one time he fell asleep on my shoulder during one of his tours. We were on a long plane ride over to Singapore at the time. Michael had a tough time sleeping due to long work hours. And the traveling out.

Time changes. He always would end up napping on me. Apologizing later for it. I wished we were a couple who had been making love all night long. Waking like this.

I always longed to tell Michael how I felt about him. But if I confessed then I was going to end up changing this friendship. And what if he did not feel the same way about me as I did for him?

Then I might lose him all together. I could not bare it if I lost Michael. He was everything to me. I loved him with my whole heart. So many other women in this world did to. And were like me, dying for a chance to be by his side.

I feel him yawn then stir from behind me. He was waking.

Darn!

"Renee?" he whispers my name. He yawns again.

I sigh. "Morning Michael!" I say as we move apart. He brushes his long hair out of his face.

He looks a little ashamed that he fell asleep on me. "Sorry about that. I really should not have done this" he worries.

"It is perfectly fine. We needed rest. I did enjoy our long talk and watching movies together. I had a fun night with you Michael. As I always do. I still can't fathom that you gave up that date with Cindy for me though" I chuckle.

He smiles brightly at me. "You are my best friend and my top concern Renee. You know this" he reminds me. Suddenly his phone rings before I can answer him.

"Hello? Kendall? Hey, yes yes that is great! Actually, she is right here with me now. So, I can tell her for you myself. Oh, that is fantastic. When will it start? Gotcha. Okay, I am glad that they want to sign me on. Wonderful news! Thank you! Thanks Kendall. Bye!" he says.

Kendall Morgan worked for his music company. I wondered why she was calling here so early in the morning. And what was it that I needed to know to? Another tour?? I knew Michael had been waiting to go on a new one. But they had not signed him on yet.

"Well that was good news from Kendall" he informs me.

I grin. I had a feeling what that was about. "So, what did she say?" I ask him.