Chapter 4

We set up an interview

We set up an interview. News spread really fast that Michael Jackson was going to marry. We were on the tv set waiting to go on to talk with Oprah Winfrey. Michael stops me before we head on the set. They had already done our hair and our makeup. Michael takes my hand in his. He smiles at me with his eyes and his lips.

"You can not go out there without this!" he declares as he takes a small box out of his pocket.

He opens the little box showing me the most beautiful ring that I ever laid my eyes on. He has my right hand in his them he slides the ring on my finger. The ring was so huge! A princess cut diamond.

White diamond's!

I gasp as tears water in my eyes. So badly I found myself wishing this was really real. "Michael you knew I wanted white diamonds one day" I giggle.

He nods as he smiles at me. "You told me what kind of wedding you dreamt up and everything. I never forget anything you say" he replies.

His words touch my very heart. I beam happily. "Let's get on with the interview, shall we?" he asks me. I nod. He offers me his arm. I take his arm. He smiles at me.

They are ready to tape as we sit there on the set with Oprah. She smiles and then sits up shaking our hands. "Welcome" she says to us as we all sit down at the same time. "Let's begin by saying congratulations! You snagged one of the world's most eligible bachelor's" she laughs.

I feel my cheeks blush with pleasure as Michael holds my hand there as we sit beside one another. "I know!" I laugh. "I am so lucky"

"Let's start Renee by you telling us how you met Michael! You have been working for him, but you have know him longer that working for him correct!" she asks me. I nod.

I cross my legs as I feel a jumble of nerves begin to flutter in my stomach. "Yes, I met Michael back in school. High school when he and his family moved out here to California" I announce. "He is my very best friend. Has been for years" I tell her.

♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡

We get into how I met him in the halls of the school. And how I came to work for Michael. Then she was getting into the deeper issues. Cindy. We knew that was coming. That was what she wanted to know. Michael was answering the questions on Cindy. How he met Cindy. And about the date Cindy wanted him to take her on.

"So, you were asking Renee to marry you when Cindy assumed, she had a date with you?" Oprah asks him.

Michael nods then smiles as he glances over at me. We already talked over our story a dozen times. And we were on the same page. "Yes, we were together at Neverland. I asked Renee to marry me" he says to her. "Most of my workers had gone home for the night. It was Renee and myself. Renee is my main witness" he tells Oprah.