Chapter 12

I had such a fun time on my first date with Michael

I had such a fun time on my first date with Michael. I was really looking forward to the next one we shared. It was late by the time our date ended. We had ended up talking all night long.

Nearly. To the break of dawn. Hanging out in my room. When I woke Michael was snoozing with his arm resting under his head. A lock of his curly dark hair hung on his cheek.

It was so hard for the poor guy to get comfortable sleeping there. I feel like a creeper just enjoying laying there at his side. Watching him rest. Feeling pleased that I helped him get to slumber land peacefully.

He needed the rest. I hear someone knocking on the bedroom door. I wondered who it was. I glance over at the clock it was only ten am. It was nearly getting close to being noon. I open the door and there stands Toby. He hands me a letter.

"Sorry to wake you. Michael asked me to stop by here. So here is his paycheck" Toby informs me. I nod as I take it from him. "How is he holding up?" Toby asks me. I shut the door behind me.

"He is restless. I try to keep his mind from negative thoughts. He is scared. Worried about what everyone thinks. And what they say" I admit. I did not want to say more than what I should. What Michael told me was private. He trusted me for a reason. And I was not going to ever break that trust.

"I hope they lay off the man" Toby says to me.

"Me to" I agree. "He has done nothing wrong" I tell him. "I better go before we wake Michael" I tell Toby.

"See you around" he sighs. He looks annoyed with me. I stop him.

"What was that look for?" I ask him.

He shrugs. "Nothing. Just everything is always about Michael. Whenever I try to talk to anyone these days. Michael this. Michael that! Never mind. I better go" he mutters under his breath.

"Toby!" I sigh. He waves then heads out on his way.

I go back in the bedroom with Michael. He was still sleeping like a baby. I lay back at his side trying to be sure I did not wake him up. He yawns, and his pretty eyes flutter open. He smiles at me. He leans in kissing me on the lips. I close my eyes allowing myself to enjoy the moment of having him all to myself.

"Morning. How did you sleep?" he asks me.

I grin. "Just fine. And you?" I ask him.

"You know that I always sleep best when you are near me" he tells me as he smiles. He scoots closer to me.

♡♪♬♪♡♪♬♪♡

Pulling me in his embrace. My lips are returned to his. I feel my body sigh happily with every sweet kiss I get. No crowds. Just us. Michael and Renee. I wanted so badly to tell him. To admit I loved him. My heart raced thinking about how I should say it to him. Maybe he was not at that place yet. Maybe that was bad idea to rush this.