.CHAPTER 58 - Are We Breaking Up?

Start from the beginning

"Easier said than done..." I replied in a low voice. She sighed.

"Just try harder... you guys love each other... I'm sure we'll find a solution to this..." She said.

"I think Gumball's tired... I think he's really considering breaking up with me." I said looking down. 

I know it's pretend... but the thought of it makes me shiver...

"What? Where did you get THAT idea? He loves you... come on... he's not gonna break up with you... ok? Just talk to him..." She said, and I nodded. She walked away.

*the break up*

We arrived separately at school, and we stayed away from each other all morning. 

Fuck, is so hard to stay away from him...

"Hey... why are you and Gummy not talking to each other today? Is it because of the fights you've been having?" Fiona asked me. I hate lying to her... but she's such a blabber mouth... she can't know...

"We're fine Fiona... Gumball's just being a dick about something." I said... trying to avoid looking into her eyes.

"What the fu—Marshall... you've never talked like this about Gumball before... what the hell happened?" She asked, really annoyed with me. I sighed.

"Don't worry, Fiona... Gumball and I will talk during lunch break... we'll figure it out..." I said walking away. Dammit... that was so fucking awkward...

*lunch break*

This was it... it was time to our big final act. Today, Gumball and I told the others we needed to talk, so we sat in a lunch table by ourselves... just the two of us.

"Hey love... you ready...?" I asked him, whispering. He nodded, trying to hold back a smile. "Okay..." I whispered again. I looked around us... the cafeteria was already full... our friends were looking at us, trying to figure out what we were talking about... with that, I started our show.

"WHAT THE FUCK, GUMBALL... so you're just gonna give up on us? Is it that simple to you?" I yelled, sounding truly mad. He was the next one to get up.

"Well... what else do you want me to do? It's over... I can't take it anymore... I'm done, Marshall..." He said, trying to seem really upset. 

"So, I mean nothing to you anymore... you'd just throw away what we have for anything, huh... wow... that's awesome..." I said... we were being really loud. I began noticing people whispering and watching us.

"It's... not that... Marshall... it's the complete o-opposite... you mean the w-world to me... I c-can't risk you being hurt... p-please understand..." He said, now crying. 

Fuck... it's so hard to watch him cry... makes me wanna give up and hug him... I shook it off and kept talking.

"UNDERSTAND? HOW THE FUCK AM I GONNA UNDERSTAND, GUMBALL? You're fucking breaking up with m-me..." I said, starting to feel a little emotional myself.

"STOP IT... I HAVE NO CHOICE..." He yelled. I walked closer to him.

"... you must even like this new bully... don't you? I bet you knew who it was since the beginning... tell me, Gumball... who is it?... do you like him, huh?" I asked, sounding hurt and angry. "TELL ME..? DID YOU PLAN THIS? DID YOU FUCK HIM, GUMB—" He interrupted me with a slap across the face. I heard gasps and whisperers. 

Fuck... heavy hand, Gummy... When I looked at him, he was sobbing. I widened my eyes a little. Maybe, I went a little too far?

"I d-don't want to see y-your face... ever a-again... w-we're done, Marshall Lee... it's o-over..." and with that, he waked away.

I sat down, Fiona came to talk to me. Fuck... that was intense...

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" She said, truly horrified. I sighed.

"Leave me alone, Fiona..." I walked away from her, and out of the cafeteria, leaving all my friends, except Marceline, horrified. Bonnie and Fiona went after Gumball, while Flame and Marcy stayed with me.

"Don't worry, man... he'll come around once this whole thing is over..." Marcy said. I sighed.

"It's over... I crossed the line... he crossed the line... we're done..." I said.

"You both crossed the line, yeah... but it's you guys... you just need to cool off..." Flame said.

Fuck... did I take it too far? He was crying so hard... 

I couldn't stop picturing Gumball's face. I knew we had to be strong and not talk to each other right now... but I couldn't help looking for him, trying to make sure if he was okay... if we were okay... Fuck... 

I spent the rest of the day holding back from searching for him or talking to him. When are we gonna meet now... to talk about this...?

.

.

.