Chapter 5

Canterlot Castle's War Room hadn't been used for its named purpose in centuries.

Technically speaking, the War Room still remained unused, as it was simply too small for the Autobots to enter. And so, a massive map table (more of a raised platform, so the Autobots wouldn't have to bend over as far to see it) had been set up in the middle of the South Ballroom. Rarity had even taken the opportunity to swap out some of the tapestries for camouflage netting, and moved in a few suits of ancient armor "for a properly martial ambiance," as she put it. Between the seven Autobots, three princesses, and a good dozen other ponies of various importance, even the South War Room (nee' South Ballroom) had become rather crowded.

"WE MUST STRIKE OUR FOES WHILE WE STILL CAN!" Princess Luna slammed an angry hoof upon the map table. "WE SHALL CRUSH THE DECEPTICONS, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE US, AND REVEL IN THE SWEET SOUND OF THEIR LAMENTATIONS!"

"Me Grimlock like her."

Optimus Prime held up a hand. "There is no, 'we,' Princess Luna. I cannot in good conscience allow any ponies to get involved in this war."

"It's too late for that." Princess Celestia said, far calmer (and quieter) than her sister. "This isn't the first time Equestria has faced a crisis, and it won't be the last, either. I ask that you respect me, respect my Kingdom enough to allow us to help in any way we can. And if today's earlier skirmish was any indication, there appear to be more of them then there are of you. You need our help, Optimus, whether you like it or not."

"You don't have to do this, Princess."

"You're wrong." Princess Celestia narrowed her eyes. "I do. If our positions were reversed, if one of my old enemies, of which there are many, were to threaten your world, your people, would you do any different?"

"Very well," Optimus Prime's masked visage remained impassive, "but strictly in a non-combat capacity."

"I can't promise that. I won't promise that. It's my responsibility, my honor as a Princess to defend my subjects. So long as Equestria is in danger, and so long as I still draw breath, I will fight. "

"FIGHT, AND TRIUMPH!"

"Me Grimlock really like her."

"Does she always talk like that?" Bumblebee asided to Rainbow Dash from their corner of the table. "Lady's gonna blow out my audio receptors at this rate."

"Just when she gets excited." Rainbow Dash said. "She's...kinda metal like that."

"Funny, she looks organic to me."

"Maaaaybe we're getting ahead of ourselves." Twilight Sparkle spoke up. "I mean, do we even know where the Decepticons are? Or what they want? Surely, they couldn't have come all this way across the galaxy just to fight you."

"You'd be surprised, Princess." Optimus Prime said, weary. "But you're right- the Decepticons have probably set up base somewhere. We need to find it. Cosmos, we'll need you to act as our eyes in the sky."

"Figures," Cosmos grumbled, "I just barely got to this planet, and now it's back to the black. Story of my life."

"There'll be plenty of time to socialize once the fighting's done, Cosmos." Optimus Prime patted the shorter robot on the shoulder. "How soon can you get into position?"

"Not long at all. I'll radio you once I've reached a stable orbit." Cosmos transformed into his saucer mode, and zipped out of an open window with surprising speed.

"I'll send out some of my own scouts as well." Princess Celestia said, and raised a hoof before Optimus Prime could object. "They're smaller than your troops, Optimus, they know the terrain better, and there's a lot more of them. Only volunteers, of course."