But a few minutes later my pounding head began sending scintillating spots across my vision.

I didn’t feel so good…

“Pick it up people!”

And I…

**

My back was lying against hot cement, little bits of gravel digging into my skin.

I groaned and covered my eyes from the sunlight that was making that pounding headache-like sensation rear its ugly head again.  

“Come on Princess,” I felt cool arms slide under my back lifting me up in the air bridal style. I clung to the cotton of Jack’s t-shirt.

“Be sure to take her straight to the nurse’s office,” Though my eyes were closed I could imagine the coach giving him a death glare.

But I was too lazy to open my eyes and see it, preferring instead to nuzzle my head into his chest. It was so much more comfortable that way, away from the light.

I sighed in relief when we entered the cold air conditioning of the school hallways.

“You alright princess?” I felt someone reaching out to stroke my hair and almost smiled at the feeling.

“Ummph,” I groaned in response, further burying my head into Jack’s chest.

A second later there was a cool hand against my forehead. Incredulous, Jack mumbled, “you’re really hot.”

“I thought I told you not to say stuff like that,” I mumbled, defeated into the fabric of his shirt.

I could feel his chuckles rumble through his chest and imagined him rolling his eyes. “You’re temperature hot. I think you might have a fever.”

“A fever? That’s ridiculous. I feel perfectly fine.” I defended, though considering he was already being forced to carry me to the nurse’s office; it wasn’t that believable of a story.

“Yeah and that’s why you randomly fainted.” Jack muttered sarcastically.  

I sighed, “Fine – you win.”

Yes,” he cheered.

I groaned, “I think I’m going to regret saying that…”

“Oh you know it babe,” Jack squeezed my leg playfully and I groaned. I really did not want to think about what he meant by that…

I really should grow some balls and stop playing victim to him all the time…Oh well; I can start that tomorrow.