Part 12

9 year old

Lance peeked his head around the corridor, hearing the familiar tap of shoes on the castle floor and quickly hiding back around the wall, waiting as quietly as he could with as much patience as he could muster, arms practically shaking as he held in a giggle. 

He held his breath as a figure rounded the corner before flinging himself out and jumping as high as he could, swinging his arms around the other person's legs and effectively trapping them. "Boo," Lance yelled out, giggling as Shiro smiled down at him, now standing still and smiling fondly at the smaller kid.

"Hey, Lance." Lance didn't let go of his legs, only resting his face on them instead and looking up with the most begging eyes he could muster. "Can I have a piggyback ride?" He softened his pleading eyes as much as he could, giving Shiro the biggest puppy dog look he could manage and of course, Shiro caved.

"Okay, I'll give you a piggyback ride, get on you little rascal." He smiled, bending down so Lance could jump on his back. "Are you ready for takeoff?" Shiro asked, a playful tone in his voice. "Ready!" Lance yelled out, small giggles coming out as he spoke. "Liftoff in 5..." He put his arms around Lance's legs so he wouldn't fall. "...4..." Lance wrapped his arms around Shiro's shoulders, grin wide. "...3..." He braced his knees, wondering how he wasn't too old for things like this. "..2.." While he wasn't old at all, he certainly felt like he was at times. "..1.." Lance could see the white floof on his hair from where he was and felt the urge to touch it. He didn't though.

"Blastoff." Shiro stood up hazardously, purposefully swinging his body to the side and causing Lance to squeal in delight, clutching on to get a better hold.

He grinned as he raced through the halls, occasionally shifting his weight to make it harder for Lance to hold on, causing even more happy shrieks.

When they got to the main room Shiro went over to the couch, leaned forwards rather drastically and flipped him over his shoulders onto the couch, making sure the landing was as fun and safe as possible while also causing Lance to let out another shriek of joy and laugh loudly from where he crashed into the pillows. 

Lance giggled as he rolled around on the couch trying to reorientate himself so he was standing upright. Allura, who had been sitting on a neighbouring couch, saw them with a light smile and put her book down as Lance finally righted himself and ran over to her, jumping onto her lap with a beaming grin.

"Did you see that 'llura! It was awesome! I was holding on super tight but I still fell off though, it was so fun!" Allura laughed and ran a hand through his soft hair, letting the kid wiggle in next to her and nodding her head. 

"It certainly looked fun" She commented, giving Shiro a side glance as he sunk down into the sofa too, enjoying sitting down and feeling slightly out of breath. Lance was a lot heavier now then he was when he was younger.

"I'm going to go to space when I'm older," Lance announced happily as he rapidly changed the topic, and Shiro resisted the urge to laugh at the irony then chuckle at the fact that even at this age Lance wanted to be in space. 

"You are already in space Lance." Allura pointed out and Lance pouted, realizing that he, in fact, in space. "Oh yeah. Then I guess I'll have to become a space hero! So I can help all the other people in the universe." 

Allura smiled, ruffling his hair affectionately. "I'm sure you will." She didn't mention that he technically did do that but she was happy that he enjoyed what they did as Voltron. 

"And when I'm older I'll marry Keith." He announced a bit too loudly and Shiro considered videotaping this so he could embarrass Lance and Keith with it when Lance was back to normal before realizing he didn't need to, the castles camera's would have picked up the whole thing. 

Allura nodded while stifling a laugh and Lance shuffled around in her lap, struggling to keep still. "Can we go visit a planet today?" He asked, looking up at Allura and Shiro. "I'm bored." Shiro shrugged when Allura looked at him so she nodded. "Sure, but you have to go get the others first okay. So we can decide where to go." He nodded and scrambled off her lap, eager to be out of the castle. 

"Okay, I'll be back in a sec." He managed to get out the sentence as he bolted out of the room and Allura could faintly hear him calling for the others as he got further away. 

Then, only 2 doboshes later, he came back, dragging Hunk and Pidge by the hands while Keith followed slowly behind with Corran in front.  Lance was talking quickly about going outside and visiting places and meeting new people while Pidge was trying to type on her laptop with only one hand, wondering why she was being dragged from her fort of solitude (her room) by a hyperactive kid. 

"Everyone's here, Let's go!" Lance yelled out as soon as they were all in the room, smiling and jumping on the spot excitement. Allura smiled and put her hands on the control panel. "Where does everyone want to go?" She asked, looking around the room for a second. 

Before anyone had the chance to say anything, however, Lance was screaming about a water park and rides and things like that and because none of them wanted to deal with a temper tantrum or an upset Lance, they decided to go to the nearest water park which was only two star systems over. 

They landed the castle on a large orange-tinted planet, but as Lance smushed his face into the panel of the window he could see that the water running down huge slides and rapids and in pools was a light and pretty pink. 

"Woah." He let out a little awestruck noise before rushing back to the others and hovering near the doorway, almost out of it. "Okay come on, let's go! I wanna go down there!" He yelled out and Shiro chuckled, standing up and walking over. 

"Alright buddy, let's go get you some swimming trunks, okay?" He outstretched a hand that Lance took eagerly and Lance, as they were walking, moved fast enough to be pulling on his arm the whole time. On the inside, Shiro was slightly glad that it was his prosthetic hand Lance was yanking on because he was sure his other one would've been aching by the end of this. 

He managed to get Lance into a pair of light blue trunks and he even had time to put his own on before Lance was once again tugging him towards the entrance of the ship, vibrating with energy as they met up with the others and finally stepped out of the ship and into the water park. 

(I actually wasn't going to continue this, but then I got a message from @LanceKills10 about it, that reminded me this existed and I just thought why the heck not, so here we are. so thank them and the other people that asked me to continue for this chapter. I hope you guys liked it, it's been a while.)