part 3

No ones POV

Shiro woke up to crying. Well not just Shiro, everyone in fact woke up to the loud crying coming from Lance's room and Keith put a pillow over his head, waiting for someone else to calm Lance down.

That someone else was Shiro, getting up with a sigh when he realised no one else was going to get him.

He walked onto the room to hear wheezy breathing and pained coughs. "Lance?" He turned the light on to find Lance in a pool of tears, breathing shallow as he struggled to take breaths. "Lance!"

Shiro rushed over and picked him up, wincing at the unnatural heat coming from his small body. He was trembling fiercely and gritting his teeth in pain. The sight made Shiro panic, rushing out the room with the toddler in his arms.

Shiro thought that maybe some space ( no pun intended) would help and brought him to the lounge, sitting carefully on the sofa and rocking him back and forth gently while whispering sweet nothings in his ear to calm him down.

"It hurts daddy." Lance's eyes opened slightly and he sneezed again, tears welling up in his eyes. "I know, I know. It'll be better soon." Lance nodded and snuggled back into Shiro's shoulder, getting comfortable before falling asleep again.

Shiro sighed and cradled Lance's face into his hand, holding his limp body closer to him protectively.

He went over to Allura's door and knocked on it gently. "Yes? Who is it?" Her voice came though the other side of the door and Shiro felt glad that he didn't wake her, he wouldn't want to disturb her. "Hey, it's Shiro. I need to talk to you." The door swung open and Allura stepped out, fully clothed wearing a beautiful smile.

"What do you need to talk about?" It was clear she hadn't noticed the sick toddler in his arms but when he pointed it out she gasped. "He's not very well, do you think we have some medicine?" Allura looked horrified and quickly put a hand to his forehead, frowning at the unnatural heat there.

"Poor baby, I wish I could help but he's to young for painkillers. It shouldn't be serious though. Just keep him hydrated and we'll all look after him." Shiro nodded thankfully and walked back to the lounge, Allura in tow.

"I'll go get him a cool wet towel to cool him down." She said, coming back a few minutes later and putting the cloth on his forehead like she said she would. "Thank you. I'm glad you're here to help out." She smiled sweetly and sat down next to him, taking Lance's small hand in his and squeezing it reassuringly.

Everyone came out for breakfast shortly after that but Shiro and Allura honestly wouldn't have minded spending more time together, they were enjoying each others company. "Breakfast time!" Hunk yelled as he ran to the kitchen, excited for food.

Allura and Shiro hushed him loudly, both gazed flickering back to Lance for a tick before looking back at Hunk. "Don't be loud, Lance is trying to sleep."  

Hunk peered over Shiro's shoulder and saw Lance sleeping, defiantly noticing the way he shook slightly in his sleep.

"He's just a bit unwell." Allura said, noticing Hunks lingering gaze. Her hand rested on his head gently and she began to play with his hair, humming softly.

"LANCE IS SICK!?" No one had registered Keith coming in until he shouted, obviously overhearing the others conversation. "Is he going to be ok? Is he going to die! We need to call an ambulance! Are there even ambulences in space? What should we do?!!!!" Keith was pacing back and forth in worry while the orhers chuckled at his overreaction.

Keith stopped and blushed a dark shade of red, rubbing the back of his neck shamefully. "I-i mean, uh... I uhhh. I'm going to go get breakfast." He walked away and buried his hands into his face, horrified at his unnecessary outburst.

The others all chucked at Keith's worry when Lance coughed and opened his eyes slightly to see Allura and Shiro, his current mother and father figures. Pidge was peering at the two adults, secretly shipping it even though the obvious chemistry between the two was no secret.

"What's on for today's agenda princess?" Corran piped up, strolling into the room with his head held high, the usual confidence radiating from him. Allura smiled gently and replied. "We're having a bonding exercise today and tomorrow we're going to go to the galactic space mall, there's a few things I need to get."

Everyone seemed happy at the space mall trip but not so excited for the bonding exercise they'd be doing today.

"We were going to be doing the maze challenge however Keith is without a partner so I decided it would be best if we did something else, like a mind melding activity." Everyone except Allura and Corran groaned on there own rights and no one blamed them, it was a boring thing to spend the day doing.

They were about to begin when Lance twisted uncomfortably in his sleep, jolting awake with a start and letting out a yelp. Coughing violently into his hand and crying out, face scrunching up in pain. "Lance? What's wrong?" Shiro was the first one over. Picking him up and putting his non prosthetic hand to Lance's forehead, wincing at the heat that was somehow warmer then before.

Lance struggled to breath, lungs burning painfully as tears dripped down his small face, causing Shiro to panic just as much as everyone else.

When Lance's breathing attack was over he looked up at Shiro with foggy eyes, body heavy and sluggish despite his long nap previously.

Shiro was freaking out on the inside and who would blame him. A limp, pale toddler was in his arms shaking like a leaf in autumn and there was nothing he could do about it.

"We can get some medicine tomorrow at the space mall." Allura suggested, checking his temperature again in a motherly action. Shiro nodded and each person took it in shifts to look after Lance throughout the night, biding their time until the morning rolled around.